Updated: May 2023
The UTM Office of the Vice-Principal Research (OVPR) will provide an annual $10,000 top-up to Tri-Council Postdoctoral Fellowship Awardees supervised by members of the UTM professoriate (UTM Campus primary budgetary appointees only).
This program started with successful applicants in the fall 2020 competition (awarded in Spring 2021).
- A CIHR Fellowship (valued at $40,000/year for up to 3 years) will be topped-up by $10,000/year for up to 3 years.
- An NSERC Fellowship (valued at $45,000/year for up to 2 years) will be topped-up by $10,000/year for up to 2 years.
- A SSHRC Fellowship (valued at $45,000/year for up to 2 years) will be topped-up by $10,000/year for up to 2 years.
Note: This program is intended to be a top-up of the stipend only, and not for any other use.
New from January 2023, additionally, UTM will provide $2,000 per year as research grant to successful applicants starting from 2022 competition (awarded in Spring 2023).
To apply and receive funding from this program, the recipient’s business officer will be required to provide the following documentation information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A copy of the Notice of Award;
- A copy of the completed signed engagement letter (The date when the PDF will begin the Fellowship included); and
- Faculty supervisor's Fund Center information, to receive the top-up funds.
The OVPR will confirm and validate the eligibility of the Tri-Council Fellowship. Subsequently, $10,000 will be transferred annually to align with the awardee’s start date. Pending confirmation of Fellowship continuation, the second year’s $10,000 will be transferred in full at the start of the second year. For 3-year CIHR Postdoctoral Fellowships, the third year’s top-up will be transferred following the same timeline.
During the period of the Fellowship, the OVPR will need to be kept informed of any changes, such as deferral or cancellation, and the top-up payment will be adjusted accordingly.