The Research Infrastructure Support Program, similar to previous calls, will support units that require help with the purchase/repair of research equipment, modifications of infrastructure, etc. The OVPR will aim to leverage its financial support to provide maximum impact, so requests that identify multiple funding sources (PI grants; departmental funds; equipment grants; etc.) will be considered favourably. As in prior years, there is no funding envelope specifically earmarked for this endeavour, and thus, it is not a funding competition.
- Brief description of your unit’s review and prioritization process.
- For each request:
- A description of the research activities the equipment/infrastructure will support, and its usefulness/importance to the department(s);
- A list of the PIs, including their academic rank, who would use the item/space
- The total anticipated cost;
- A list of committed and/or anticipated funding sources; and finally,
- The requested commitment from the OVPR.
- Ranked list of no more than 3 requests for support.
- Submission deadline is Monday March 14th 2022
- Application form to be submitted to email@example.com
- Only one request from each unit will be accepted.
|All OVPR Core Facilities||Space booking system|
|Growth Facility||Dishwasher/sterilizer unit|
|Imaging Facility||Image analysis software|
|Geography, Geomatics, and Environment||Sampling and analysis systems|
|Chemical & Physical Sciences||Spectropolarimeter system|
*Please note that this year's competition has closed. A new call for applications will go out in early 2023.