The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the federal agency that supports university-based research and training in the health sciences.
Please note that the Foundation Grant program has been discontinued.
The Project Grant Program is geared towards researchers in the health sciences. This program holds two competitions annually.
The Fall 2022 average grant size and duration was approximately $825,970 over 4.46 years. For more information, see the Project Grant: Fall 2022 results page.
- Registration deadline: February 7, 2024
- UTM editorial review deadline: TBD
- UTM MRA deadline: TBD
- RSO MRA deadline: TBD*
- External application deadline: March 6, 2024
- Anticipated notice of decision: July 17, 2024
- Funding start date: October 1, 2024
*Only applications that have a corresponding, approved MRA will be eApproved by the University on ResearchNet. It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all deadlines are met.