Internal Funding Competitions
The University of Toronto Mississauga's Office of the Vice-Principal, Research is pleased to announce several internal funding opportunities:
- Bridge Funding Program
- New Black, Indigenous, and Racialized Scholar/Research Grant Program
- New First Book Manuscript Workshop Competition
- Outreach, Conference and Colloquia Fund (OCCF)
- Research and Scholarly Activity Fund (RSAF)
- Research Planning Grants
- University of Toronto Mississauga / Jackman Humanities Institute Annual Seminar
- University of Toronto Mississauga Working Groups
- New UTM SSHRC Grant-writing program
- New UTM Support for Institutional Strategic Initiatives (ISI)
The Bridge Funding Program will provide financial aid to support the research of UTM-appointed faculty whose Tri-Council grant applications have been highly ranked by agency peer-review, but have not been awarded due to lack of funds at the federal level.
The Outreach, Conference & Colloquia Fund will help support activity that communicates UTM research and enhances the UTM research profile at local, national and international levels.
The Research and Scholarly Activity Fund will support direct costs of research and scholarly activity that will improve the competitiveness of external grant applications submitted by UTM faculty members, with an emphasis on Tri-Council grant applications, including collaborative and strategic grants.
The Annual Seminar and the Working Groups programs will help to support UTM-led events and working groups, while the Research Planning Grants program will help to support planning-related activity for major grant proposals.
The UTM / Jackson Humanities Institute Annual Seminar, jointly sponsored by UTM and the Jackman Humanities Institute, will create an intellectual community that vigorously addresses a topic of broad appeal, which lends itself to wider community engagement.
Please follow the links for further details and submission guidelines.