Research Planning Grants
In order to support the planning and development of major research, partnership, and infrastructure applications, UTM faculty are invited to apply for a UTM Research Planning Grant. The objective of this funding is to provide support for UTM researchers to plan meetings that bring together a team of researchers and partners to develop major grant proposals (such as CFI Infrastructure Fund, Networks of Centre of Excellence, SSHRC or NSERC Strategic Partnerships, Global Challenge Awards, etc).
The Planning Grant application must be led by a UTM faculty member and can include faculty from UTM, the University of Toronto, or other Canadian or foreign universities as appropriate, along with additional public and private sector partners and other relevant stakeholders.
The Planning Grant must clearly identify the target grant, and the PI on the target grant must be a UTM faculty member. Eligible expenses would typically include meeting facilities, food, accommodations, and travel for out-of-town participants. Planning Grant proposals will be reviewed by senior UTM colleagues who are arms-length to the proposal.
Since the planning grant is intended to support target grants with timelines throughout the year, faculty may apply for a UTM planning grant at any time, but they are expected at least 6 months prior to the internal deadline date of the target grant.
How to Apply:
A complete application package includes the following material:
- Completed Cover Sheet
- Proposal: 2 pages maximum (single space, 12pt New Times Roman), in clear
non-specialist language, under these headings:
· Target Grant and Summary of Research
· Draft Agenda of the planning Session
· Aims and Outcomes for the Planning Session
- List of Partipants in the planning group and their affiliations (1 additional page for the participant table) with the following columns:
· Faculty/Postdoc/Grad Student/Undergraduate
- Itemized budget and justification (additional 1 page maximum)
Please submit proposals in one SINGLE PDF to Rong Wu (email@example.com) by this date.