Erin Kelly Seminar
October 22, 2020, 2 pm - 4 pm
Throughout the 2019/2020 academic year, BIGDataAIHUB has hosted lightning lunches, workshops, and events with a goal of sharing research, tools, and methods related to big data and AI.
With funding from UTM’s Research Office, IMI, and industry partners, the BDAIH has hosted several research and teaching-focused events: working group meeting (May 2019), a hands-on Power Business Intelligence workshop (October 2019), a conference on Big Data and AI in the Accounting Profession (November 2019), a UTM Lightning Lunch (November 2019), and most recently, a case competition (January 2020).
- Undergraduate Case Competition: January 25 & March, 2020
- Our inaugural BDAIH case competition, supported by Scotiabank, was a resounding success. It attracted 150 students from management and computer science, who had the opportunity to meet industry professionals and work with industry data. Visit our case competition page for more information.
- Power Business Intelligence Workshop: October 30, 2019
- This hands-on workshop taught faculty and staff to use the data analytics and data visualization capabilities of Power BI
- Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Accounting: November 15, 2019
- In 2019, the Master of Management & Professional Accounting Program (MMPA)'s annual conference was dedicated to exploring the impact of AI on the accounting profession. It provided an open forum to demystify AI technology and to explore issues and challenges that corporations, governments, and the accounting profession face when adapting to this technology.
- BIGDataHUB Lightning Lunch: November 20, 2019
- In collaboration with the new UTM Digital Collaboration Research Space, we hosted a lightning lunch featuring presentations by faculty and librarians from across UTM.