What's happening this semester
Sweats to Suits: Job Search Conference for New Grads
Join us virtually, May 4-7, 2021 (a few hours per day) for a FREE conference for all U of T students (all years and programs as well as recent grads).
Sign-up for specific sessions that you wish to attend (as many as you like). In total we are hosting 14 sessions (including a pre-conference workshop on April 29).
Sweats to Suits (S2S) will cover the following topics:
- April 29 1:00-3:00pm (pre-conference workshop) Setting Your Post-Grad Job Goals
- May 4 10:00-11:00am Intro and Keynote Speaker
- May 4 11:00-12:00pm Developing your Job Search Strategy
- May 4 12:00-1:00pm How to Identify and Communicate Your Skills to Employers
- May 5 9:00-10:00am Post-Graduation Work Permits and your NOC Job Search
- May 5 11:00-12:00pm Employer’s Perspective on Resumes
- May 5 12:00-1:00pm Updating Your Resume Based on the Employer Perspective
- May 5 2:00-3:30pm Live Mock Interview and Practice with a Peer
- May 6 10:00-11:00am Networking: What Do You Say
- May 6 12:00-1:00pm Recruiter Panel: Effective Virtual and in-person Networking
- May 6 2:00-3:00pm Creating a Strong LinkedIn Profile
- May 7 9:00-10:30am Stand Out and Succeed in the Workplace
- May 7 11:00-12:00pm Mental Health and Resilience
- May 7 12:00-1:00pm Alumni Career Stories
Employer Information Sessions (various dates this semester)
- Check out our three campus calendars on CLNx for more
- Mississauga, Career Centre Calendar
- St.George (Career Exploration and Education Calendar)
- Scarborough Events Calendars (Academic Advising and Career Centre)
Visit our Online Workshops page where many of our workshops are now offered asynchronously via Quercus. Workshops are also offered synchronously on CLNx. Workshops are divided into the following categories:
Virtual Career Counsellor appointments
Planning your future in the middle of a pandemic isn't easy. You may feel stressed or discouraged and that's normal. Nobody can control what's happening out there but you can control how you respond. Working with a career professional can help you plan your next steps. Call 905-828-5451 to book, or send us a message on our Live Chat Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Virtual Employment Strategist appointments
Ready to talk about your job search plan? Call 905-828-5451 to book, or send us a message on our Live Chat Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Talk live with our Career Counsellors, Employment Strategists and trained student staff on our website Live Chat Monday-Fridays 10 a.m.-4 p.m. You can also leave a message and we’ll get back to you.