Access & Inclusion Programs
What are Access & Inclusion Programs?
Education is a powerful tool to inspire tomorrow's brightest minds. It supports the growth, development and well-being of youth and reduces social inequalities. Access Programs are opportunities created in partnership with local schools and community organizations to engage youth in seeing the value of Post-Secondary Education (PSE). Access Programs ensure that all youth and young adults- regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, socio-economic status realize their potential and access their own unique pathways to quality education.
By working collaboratively with community and campus partners, Inclusion Programs encompass impactful programming that improves community well-being and operations as well as creates meaningful solutions to social issues. Such programming facilitates intercultural competence and personal growth for all parties involved.
To develop new initiatives, we encourage partners in the community to connect with us to explore ways we can work together to provide these opportunities at the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) and in the local community.
We invite schools, parents and families, local community organizations, and UTM community mentors and student groups to explore how we can work together.
Volunteer Sign Up
As an Access & Inclusion Programs volunteer, you will have the opportunity to help empower:
- Youth to set academic and personal goals and have confidence in their future.
- Youth to be motivated to pursue PSE programs by reducing barriers and creating opportunities with UTM students, staff and faculty.
- Parents and families to support their youth in PSE attainment.
- Community members by working on assigned social issues.
- Complete the webform, identifying their preferred role for Access & Inclusion Programs
- Meet virtually with your project team
- Complete assigned tasks
- Complete reflection activity after the event
There are a few steps before you can officially volunteer for Access & Inclusion Programs. Please follow the steps below:
- Fill out the Volunteer With Us page.
- Attend training session(s), which will be communicated to you once you sign up.
There are limited spaces for each project. Sign up is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please continue to check our website regularly for upcoming opportunities!
For all questions and feedback regarding Access Initiatives, please contact:
- Room 3125, William G. Davis Building (Find us on a map here!)
- Phone: 905-828-3962
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org