If you are currently enrolled in or have completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma, here’s what you need to know about our admission requirements and transfer credit you may be eligible for.
- An International Baccalaureate Diploma, including English HL or SL is required for admission.
- Prerequisite courses can be presented at either the Standard or Higher Level.
- For programs with a Math prerequisite, Math SL or HL is required. “Math Studies” is not acceptable.
- A predicted score of 27 or more is required for a provisional offer of admission. More competitive programs require a higher predicted score.
A Few Notes
- If you are currently enrolled in the IB Diploma program, you must submit your predicted IB results (1-7 scale), including TOK/Extended Essay/Bonus points, confirmation that you are completing the full IB Diploma, a current transcript including any mid-term/mid-year results available, and complete the online self-reported grades form.
- If you are currently enrolled in the IB Certificate/Course program, you must submit your predicted IB results (1-7 scale), confirmation that you are completing the IB Certificate/Course program, a current transcript including any mid-term/mid-year results available; and importantly, the name of the matriculation certificate/diploma to be awarded upon completion of your studies.
- The University reserves the right to withdraw an offer of admission if you do not maintain the strong academic standing you were admitted on, particularly in any of the required courses, and if you fail to obtain the International Baccalaureate Diploma.
Final IB results must be sent directly to the University of Toronto electronically by the International Baccalaureate Office.
New IB Mathematics courses with first assessment in May 2021
The following IB Math courses will satisfy the Calculus and Advanced Functions prerequisites for science and business programs:
• Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations HL
• Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches SL
• Mathematics: Analysis and Approaches HL
Mathematics: Applications and Interpretations SL will satisfy the Advanced Functions prerequisite.
Please note that the information provided in this document applies to students admitted in Fall 2020 and is subject to change:
A Few Notes
- U of T Mississauga will award transfer credit for Higher Level (HL) exams completed with a minimum grade of 5. No transfer credit is awarded for Standard Level (SL) exams.
- If you have completed more than one exam in the same discipline, only 1.0 full credit will be given for that particular subject area. (For example, if you have taken History of Africa and History of the Americas, you will receive one HIS credit only.)