Theatre & Drama Studies Audition
The Theatre & Drama Studies program has decided to move the callback auditions to an online submission format.
We understand this will pose a challenge for many who were intending to attend in-person. Further details regarding this audition will be communicated by email. Please continue to monitor your email (checking junk/spam folders regularly), for further instructions. We thank all of you for your passion and commitment to come to Sheridan for this audition and do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Eligibility for an Audition
The audition for the Sheridan portion of the Theatre & Drama Studies program is weighted equally with your academic entrance average. Once you apply and have received your U of T applicant number, schedule your audition and pay the $60 audition fee. Auditions will be held in March and take place at Sheridan’s Trafalgar Road Campus in Oakville, Ontario.
Audition registration for 2020 is now closed.
You must bring with you the following materials to Sheridan when attending your audition:
- A résumé of your theatrical background and experience
- Names and contact information for two people who have agreed to act as references regarding your work as a performer and all-round theatre person.
- You will also be asked to complete additional questionnaires and a brief interview. These steps help us determine your preparation, goals, and commitment to the actor's craft and the study of the theatre.
The audition itself will assess your current acting skills by having you perform:
- Two contrasting prepared monologues:
- One from a classical play (Shakespeare preferred)
- One from a full-length play by an established contemporary playwright (Canadian preferred)
- One verse of any song (unaccompanied).
- One on-the-spot improvisation
Specific instructions regarding the development and presentation of these items may be downloaded by eligible applicants when they make their audition appointment.
Although we prefer that you audition in person, if you are not able to do so due to theatrical commitments or because you live a great distance from Toronto (800+ km), you may request a video audition. Please read through the instructions, the list of requirements, and how to submit your video audition on the audition scheduler above.
If you would like more information or have any questions about the Theatre & Drama auditions as an applicant to U of T Mississauga, please contact:
Recruitment & Liaison Officer