Understanding Basic & Flex
Understand the difference between Basic & Flex Dollars
“Basic” funds are the tax-exempt portion of your Student Meal Plan.
Any purchase of a meal on campus (with the exception of meals from the Blind Duck, Chatime, Duck Stop, food trucks, and most vending machines) qualifies as a Basic purchase
“Flex” funds can be used to purchase all items that don't qualify as a Basic-eligible meal.
You can use your Flex funds for:
- Snack items
- Convenience items
- Grocery items
- Vending machines with card readers
- The Blind Duck (in the Student Centre)
- Chatime (in the Student Centre)
- The Duck Stop (in the Student Centre)
- Participating food trucks on campus
Questions? Contact us!
William G. Davis building, Suite 3127
Making experiences, exceptional