External Client Frequently Asked Questions

Got a question? Browse the below to find answers...

We're happy to answer any questions you may have. If you do not find a suitable answer below, please feel free to reach out to us at confserv.utm@utoronto.ca and we will get back to you as soon as possible.  



I want to host an event at UTM, who should I contact?

Please fill out the webform on the External Client Functions page. Please go to the page, and scroll down to below the 4 bookable space catalogues. You will see a "Contact Us Form" there.

What spaces may I book for an event?

You may book any of our Event Spaces, Meeting Spaces, Academic Spaces, and in some situations our Overnight Accommodations Spaces. To view our bookable spaces please visit our External Client Functions page and scroll down to see our four bookable space catalogues.


Do you have accommodations on sight?

Yes. We have three types of accommodations: townhouses apartments and dorms. To view our Overnight Accommodation options visit our External Client Functions page and scroll down to see our four bookable space catalogues. Select the Overnight Accommodation Catalogue.




What are your room rental fees?

Our prices vary depending on the type, size and building. To view our bookable spaces & the rates please visit our External Client Functions page and scroll down to see our four bookable space catalogues.

Is there parking available on site? What are the parking fees?

Yes. We provide parking permits at the rate of $15/day. We also have special prices for weekly or monthly permits.




Do I have to sign a contract to book a space on campus?

Yes. Bookings will not be confirmed until a contract is signed on both ends.

What do I need to provide in order to book a space on campus?

In addition to a signed contract, we also require a certificate of liability insurance and a payment method (cheque, credit cards, debit card, or exact cash) to confirm your booking.

May I book accommodations throughout the year?

No. Due to the fact that we are an active university our residences are only available for booking outside of the regular academic school year calendar. Exact dates vary, however this is typically mid-May to mid-August. 




Am I allowed to bring catering on site?

Outside food is not allowed as all food & beverage orders must go through our approved food services provider on campus. Please visit our Food & Beverage Services | Catering page for more information.

Do you provide alcohol for events?

Yes. We provide host bar or cash bar. Please coordinate your bar request with your Special Events Coordinator at least one month in advance. Bars might require a catering endorsement if your space is unlicensed. Catering endorsements cost $400 and must be submitted at least one moth in advance to guarantee approval.

May I bring external entertainment vendors to campus?

Yes. You may bring your own AV company, stage, etc. We are also happy to assist you with our in-house AV, or external vendors.

Do you provide internal AV equipment, and if so, what is the price?

We do have in-house AV support and can provide assistance as well as equipment. Prices vary between $120/day to $200/day for basic AV packages. Additional requests can be accommodated at an extra cost.




How long does it take to get to the airport? 

Via the 403 east, 401 east, and the 427 north, it is approximately a 20 minute drive


Do you have a Print Shop? 

Yes we do, and they are located in the William G. Davis building, Suite 1132 down the hall from the Bookstore.

(905) 828-5248



Is there a gym I may use? 

The Recreation, Athletics, and Wellness Centre (RAWC) that includes indoor & outdoor facilities that you are welcome to use.  Visit utm.utoronto.ca/athletics for more information.


May I use the library? 

Yes, you have access to the Hazel McCallion Academic Learning Centre. Visit library.utm.utoronto.ca for more information.


Where may I eat on campus? 

We have many food service locations across campus for you to enjoy! Visit utm.utoronto.ca/hospitality/FoodHours for more information.


Where is the closest health center?

Walk-in Clinic:

South Common Medical Centre
2110 Burnamthorpe Road W #3
(905) 820-3209 


Credit Valley Hospital
2200 Eglinton Ave. West
(905) 813-2200 

What is the Oscar Peterson Hall service desk phone number?

(905) 828-5286 


Is there somewhere I may do my laundry?

Laundry facilities are available for a fee.


How may I contact Campus Police?

Campus police are located in the William G. Davis building, Suite 3116

General Inquiries: (905) 828-5200
Emergency: 911


Where is the nearest bank machine? 

There is a Scotiabank ATM Located in the:

  • UTM Student Centre

  • William G. Davis Building, outside of the Davis Food Court


Where is the nearest shopping center / groceries?

Erin Mills Town Centre
5100 Erin Mills Parkway

Square One
100 City Centre Drive

Michael Angelo’s
4099 Erin Mills Parkway


Where is the nearest drug store? 

Shoppers Drug Mart
2126 Burnamthorpe Road West
Mississauga, ON

5 minute drive, 30 minute walk


How do I get to downtown Toronto?

  By Car: QEW & Gardiner Expressway East or Hwy 403 East & Hwy 427 South

  Mississauga Transit: Mississauga.ca/portal/miway

  Toronto Transit: ttc.ca

  GO Train: gotransit.com

  U of T Shuttle Bus: utm.utoronto.ca/shuttle/fares-boarding


Where can we rent a bike and/or a car?

Bike Rental:
Monday - Friday  |  11:00am - 3:00pm
Located at the Student Centre Extension

Car Rental:
2255 Dundas Street West
(905) 569-2495

What is the number of a local taxi company?

Mississauga Taxi (905) 277-7777


Questions? Contact us!

William G. Davis building, Suite 3094H

Making experiences, exceptional