Frequently asked questions for Internal Clients

How can I book a space for my event?

Browse our Event Space, Meeting Space, Academic Space, and Overnight Accommodations  catalogues on our Internal Client webpage & reach out to your designated Special Event Coordinator to request the space.


Are all spaces complimentary for internal departments?

Booking space on campus is complimentary for internal departments at UTM, with the exception of the Rotunda ($500 / day + $100 for furniture removal), and the Grand Hall ($500 / day). We offer internal rates for internal staff and faculty from the St. George or Scarborough campuses.


Can I bring outside food?

No, outside food is not allowed on campus, and all food orders must go through our authorized food services provider. For more info on what we offer, please check our catering menu.


How do I arrange for AV equipment?

Please reach out to the I&ITS Department, and place a ticket with your AV needs. You’ll need your UTOR ID and password to log in.


How do I place a simple catering order?

You are welcome to place your own catering order on our catering website. Please create an account with a username and password, and browse the menu, click on items you want, add to cart, then check out and complete your order.


Can I provide alcohol for my event in any space on campus?

Yes. If your space is licensed, you may offer your guests a host or cash bar. However, if your space is not licensed, your event will require a catering endorsement. Catering endorsements cost $400 and must be submitted at least one month in advance to guarantee approval.

Please coordinate your bar request with your Special Events Coordinator at least one month in advance.


How can I book a table in an approved table designated area on campus?

To book a table in an approved tabling location on campus you will need to meet all the booking requirements and follow the table booking guidelines. Please visit the Table Booking page on the Center for Student Engagement website to get more information and submit your request.


Can I provide parking permits to my guests before the day of my event?

Yes, you may purchase parking permits from our Conference & Event office in DV3094H. Permits for unreserved lots (lots 4, 8 and 9) are $15 / day. We also offer special prices on weekly and monthly permits.


How can I place my own work order or request poster boards or easels?

You may place your own Facilities work order to request these items or any other request fulfilled by the Facilities, Management & Planning team, through the FMP website.


When do I need to finalize my food order and other event details?

Food orders must be finalized one to two weeks prior to your event to avoid any last-minute issues. Please refer to our event checklist that will help you in setting up a timeline for each step of your event planning.



Questions? Contact us!
William G. Davis building, Suite 3094H

Making experiences, exceptional