Fall Move-In Information #WelcomeHome
The Government of Canada outlined the requirements for Mandatory Quarantine for Travelers to Canada. The Federal Government has put in place an emergency order under the Quarantine Ace. This applies to all travelers to Canada regardless of the country of origin. Failure to comply with this order is an offence under the Quarantine Act and may lead to significant fines or imprisonment.
As of July 5, travelers who are fully vaccinated with a Canadian Government accepted vaccine (Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD or Jansse (Johnson & Johnson)) may be exempt from the 14-day quarantine period, the mandatory hotel stay and the day-8 testing. These travelers will be required to take a COVID-19 test upon arrival to Canada. Travelers with a positive or inconclusive test result will be required to quarantine.
A quarantine plan is still required and fully vaccinated students must register with the UofT quarantine program to ensure they have a plan in place. More information can be found here: https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#Quarantine
Students moving into residence are expected to get their first dose of the vaccine before their residence move-in date. Students who are unable to get vaccinated before moving into residence will have 14 days following their move-in date to get vaccinated. More information can be found here: https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/covid-19/#ResidenceFall2021
UTM Undergraduate Residence Move-In Dates: September 3 & 4, 2021
Please be aware that you will be assigned an exact move-in date & time. Move-in information will be released in early August!
Fall Move-In Maps & Details
More information coming soon!
What to Expect
1. Health Screening - Before reaching your residence area, all guests and students will be required to do a Health Screen. All students will be required to show a Student Housing & Residence Life staff member a UCheck with a green status or complete verbal health screening. Any guests will be required to complete a verbal Health Screen.
2. Key Pick Up - All residents will be required to pick up their key at their designated area of move-in. Traffic will be one-way so students should follow the recommended route found in the move-in maps.
3. Masks - All students and guests will be expected to follow UofT implemented measures that call for non-medical masks or face covering to be worn inside buildings. For the duration of your move-in, we ask that all students and guests wear non-medical masks or face coverings in ALL areas of residence.
4. Guest Limit - To assist in limiting the number of people on campus, we are limiting the number of guests to assist with your move-in to 2 people. If possible, we encourage guests to say goodbye to students at their vehicle and avoid entering our buildings. Guests will not be permitted after your move-in.
5. Physical Distancing - If you leave your vehicle, we ask students and guests to maintain 2 meter or 6-feet physical distancing as much as possible.
6. Parking - If you need to park, parking will be available in P4/P8/P5 as indicated on the Move-In Maps. Please note that parking will be free only on September 3, 2021 and September 4, 2021.
Fall Frequently Asked Questions
More information coming soon!
Winter Move-In Information
More information coming in January 2022!