Fall Move-In Information #WelcomeHome
UTM Undergraduate Residence Move-In Dates: September 2, 2023
Please be aware that you will be assigned an exact move-in date & time. Move-in information will be released in early August!
Undergraduate Move-In Guides & Maps
Check out our Move-In Guides for directions, maps, and information on what to expect throughout the day! Make sure to open the Move-In Guide that corresponds to your correct Move-In date!
You can also check out our Move-In videos below to learn more. Please make sure to watch the video that corresponds to your move-in date & time slot.
What to Expect
When you arrive for your Move-In Day, you can expect the following:
1. Key Pick Up - All residents will be required to pick up their key at their designated area of move-in. Traffic will be one-way so students should follow the recommended route found in the move-in maps.
2. Guest Limit - To assist in limiting the number of people on campus, we are limiting the number of guests to assist with your move-in to 2 people. If possible, we encourage guests to say goodbye to students at their vehicle and avoid entering our buildings. Guests will not be permitted after your move-in.
3. Parking - If you need to park, parking will be available in P4/P8/P5 as indicated on the Move-In Maps. Please note that parking will be free only on September 2nd, 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend students to bring only the essentials they may need here in residence. There are many grocery stores, shopping malls, and places to buy additional items to make your new home nice and cozy! Find out more on our preparation checklist here: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/housing/current-residents/move/preparation-checklist.
Please direct your taxi to enter the campus through the south entrance (see move-in map). The taxi will need to follow the map to the designated taxi/Uber drop-off. Once you reach the drop off area, please wait until a Student Housing & Residence Life representative approaches your car to give you further instructions. View the move-in map for Taxi/Ubers here.
Unfortunately we will not be accomodating early move-ins at this time. We have arranged preferred rates with hotels for family accommodations should you be in the area before your designated move-in date and time.
Releasing keys to anyone other than the resident is prohibited. When picking up keys, residents must have a piece of government-issued I.D.
Overnight guests are not permitted during move-in day and the first two weeks of September. We have plenty of fun things planned for you during that time to keep you occupied! We recommend that parents say their goodbyes to students at their car after check-in. Parents and family can stay at the Holiday Inn under the UTM Residence hotel blocks while quantities last: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/housing/current-residents/move/hotel-room-blocks.
Each student will have access to a move-in cart while they are moving their belongings from their car to their unit.
Yes, all of our staff and volunteers are here to assist you to move in your belongings.
Townhouses and apartment style units have common area closets. However, we encourage that you only bring what you need.
You will be able to get you Tcard on move-in day if you complete the necessary steps indicated here: https://uoft.service-now.com/utm_iits?id=kb_article&sysparm_article=KB0013250
Important documentation is required for you to be able to receive your TCard. Visit the website for details, but most students will generally need:
Valid Government-issued Photo Identification* or passport to establish your identity
Citizenship documents such as passport or birth certificate to establish your tuition eligibility*
Valid study permit, if you are not a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, to establish your eligibility to study in Canada
Important: If your study permit is expiring in 3 months or less, we are requesting that you provide proof that you have applied to extend your study permit prior to receiving your TCard
*The names on this documentation must match the names in your University student records. All documents must be original. Use this link to see what documents you will need: https://tcard.utoronto.ca/get-your-utorid-tcard/documentation-tool/. Copies (paper or electronic) will not be accepted. If you have any questions regarding the documents required for your TCard, please visit https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/iits/contact-us
More information to come
What is a U-Pass?
- U-Pass is a transit program allowing eligible UTM students
- Digital U-Pass is distributed via email to your UTORONTO email account and is locked to your device.
- A U-Pass holder simply scans the QR code from their device upon boarding
- A new digital U-Pass is distributed at the beginning of each term and is valid for the term.
The U-Pass is going digital. Click here for details! Learn more here: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/parking/transportation/u-pass