An express check-out consists of the Resident checking out of residence 24 hours after your last exam or by April 25, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon). Your specific check-out deadline is emailed to you in March 2022.Check-Out Envelope - you will need it to hand in your residence & mailbox key. Pickup at the Residence Services Desk.
Undergraduate Check-Out Deadline - Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Graduate Check-Out Deadline - Tuesday, April 25, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Medical Check-Out Deadline - Wednesday, June 1, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (noon)
Need an extension?
Need an extension past April 25th at 12:00 p.m? Applications will be available starting March 20, 2023.
Deadline: April 3rd, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
If you are a confirmed resident for 2023 Summer Term Session:
If you have been given a space in residence for the First Half or Full Summer Term, you are automatically granted an extension until the summer transfer period. More information about transferring to your summer unit will be sent to you via email.
Learn about Food Hours on Campus here: https://www.utm.utoronto.ca/hospitality/FoodHours#Exams
How to Have the Perfect Checkout
Here are some resources to ensure you have a proper checkout!
- Pick up your check-out envelope at the Residence Services Desk.
- Take a look at this FULL check-out checklist.
- Learn how to clean your spaces & check out some tips below.
- Check out Sustainable Check Outs for more info
Cleaning Your Spaces
Prior to Cleaning
- Engage in conversations with your roommates about cleanliness expectations!
- Submit Work Orders as needed. Scroll down to check out some tips & tricks from our facilities team or scroll down!
- Be aware of Damage & Cleaning Charges
Cleaning Your Space
Ensure you clean all required spaces for your unit: Click each text to view a video on how to clean!
Don't Forget to . . . .
- Remove all personal items & garbage
- Wipe down all surfaces with a general all-purpose cleaner
- See discoloration from build-up (i.e. on the stove, toilet sink etc.)? Use a job-specific cleaner, not an all-purpose
- Sweep, vacuum and mop ALL floors
Remember to take photos before you leave!
- If you are concerned about cleaning charges, take photos & document concerns that can be submitted if needed for an appeal
Garbage & Recycling Disposal
- Use recycling to dispose of appropriate material!
- Unsure of what can be recycled? Check out the Peel Region Page!
- When recycling boxes always remember to flatten the box before placing it in the recycling bin.
- Use large outdoor garbage and recycling bins located in your area
- Do not leave bags on the ground outside the bin
- An Additional Garbage bin will be placed behind Oscar Peterson Hall beginning April 9.
- Please leave your drawers and cupboards open
- Leave your washroom doors open so the air circulates
- Lift your mattress and lean it against the wall
- Please remove your garbage from your unit, common/shared spaces
- Wipe down all surfaces in your unit
Rent out vacuums and Swiffers at the Residence Services Desk
- Is your faucet/shower head dripping constantly? Work order it!
- Is your keycard swipe flashing orange? Work order it!
- Is your toilet constantly running? Work order it!
- Is your bathroom fan noisy/not working? Work order it!
- Is your sink leaking? Work order it!
Submit your own work orders at http://residence.utoronto.ca