Applications for Winter 2024 (S Courses) are now closed.
In order to submit an application to the EL Bursaries, please follow the instructions below.
Step One: Fill out and submit the EL Bursary Cover Sheet MS Form
- On the EL Bursaries Cover Sheet MS Form, you must specify the EL course in which you are enrolled and answer each question concerning the additional costs associated with the course activities, and confirm that you want to apply for the EL Bursary.
- Please note that if you are taking multiple EL Bursary eligible courses during the academic term you will have to fill out the form for each course.
- Eligible costs include, but are not limited to: ancillary fees, transportation, equipment, professional attire, and more. Costs will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so please be as specific as possible in your descriptions.
- Applicants who fail to provide this information may not be considered for an EL Bursary.
Step Two: Review this tutorial video on the application portal system
Step Three: Go to the University of Toronto Undergraduate Grant Portal to fill out your application.
- When completing your application, please select UTM as your division. (Even if you are a UTSG or UTSC student, you must still select UTM as your division for your application to be received by the EEU.)
- When demonstrating financial need, please remember to include costs associated with eligible EL courses in your expenses.
- In the “Personal Statement” section of the application, please ensure that you enter the course code of the eligible course for which you are requesting an EL Bursary.
Bursary amounts are determined by the EEU with respect to the EL activities in each course. Applicants will be notified by e-mail once a decision has been made on their application. Bursaries will be distributed after the course drop date and are contingent upon the applicant’s continued enrolment in the eligible course(s) that they have indicated.
Bursary recipients will be asked to complete an impact survey at the end of the course as part of their participation in the EL Bursaries program.