2020 NSERC USRA
Undergraduate Student Research Award
The University of Toronto Mississauga 2020 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Award applications are underway.
UTM Psychology Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
PURPOSE OF AWARD
To provide research work experience that complements the degree program which will encourage students to consider graduate studies and pursue careers in the natural sciences and engineering.
$4,500.00 plus a minimum 25% supplement ($1,125.00) provided by the department
DURATION OF AWARD
16 full consecutive weeks
University of Toronto Mississauga administers this program in the summer months only, between May 1st and September 30th.
- No provisions for sick leave, vacation or other interruptions of awards. Should a work term be terminated early, NSERC must be informed immediately through the Office of Research Services.
- Awards may NOT be deferred. All efforts must be made to give awards to students who can complete or commit to a 16 week work term.
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- Registered either full-time or part-time (at the time of application) in a bachelor's degree program in at least one of the two terms immediately before holding the award. NSERC, however, expects that full-time students will hold most awards.
- Must have obtained, over previous years of study, a cumulative average of at least second class (a grade of B or B‐) CGPA of 2.7 to 3.0
- Must have completed, at least time of application, a minimum of two academic terms.
- (1st year students are ineligible)
- Graduating students, in the term immediately following the completion of their undergraduate program requirements, as long as they have not started a program of graduate studies.
- Be engaged on a full‐time basis in research and development activities in the natural sciences or engineering during the award tenure.
- MUST find an eligible supervisor
- Complete the latest version of the application form (Part 1) online. Follow the instructions and adhere to NSERC’s General Presentation Guideline. HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/UG-PC/USRA-BRPC_eng.asp
- Attach a PDF copy of your OFFICIAL transcript to the application form (Part 1) - ACORN printouts NOT accepted - you must request an official transcript from your University.
- Once application has been completed and submitted on‐line, print, sign and bring to Jodie Stewart, Academic Counsellor along with original Official University transcript by the indicated department deadline. (March 9, 2020).
- A Student/Supervisor Certification form must be completed and must bear you and your supervisor’s original signatures.
- Your supervisors form MUST also be submitted with your application
Note: All applicants are responsible to find an eligible supervisor willing to support their application
Should you have any questions pertaining to the application process, contact
Jodie Stewart, Academic Counsellor
Psychology Office, Deerfield Hall, 4th Floor
Tel: 905-828-5414 email: firstname.lastname@example.org