The PDLC Career Module prepares Commerce and Management students to stand out in a competitive job market through training on business career exploration, job search, networking, and industry trends.
Who is this module for?
This module is for in-program undergraduate business students striving to develop their career learning specific to the business industry. Through this interactive module you can acquire the essential career self-management skills needed for an evolving professional path.
What can you expect?
- Group discussions
- Interactive activities
- Industry-specific examples
What will you learn?
You will learn strategies that will keep your eyes and ears open to career learning, continued growth, and opportunities to customize your career journey.
What are the key topics?
- Possible occupations for students in the BBA and BCom programs
- Job search and career self-management skills
- Continuous professional development and learning
When you have completed this module, you will be able to:
- Develop an action plan with attainable goals
- Seek out new opportunities for your career growth
- Make use of our programs and other campus resources
- Professional Development & Learning Centre (PDLC) Team
- External Trainers, Industry Leaders, and Subject-Matter Experts
What are the requirements?
Become a Business Career Explorer by completing the PDLC Career Module in 4 easy steps:
Step 1- Events & Workshops
Attend any 4 events or workshops by PDLC listed below:
- EPIC Boot Camp + EPIC
- Business of Equity
- Resume & Cover Letter for the Business World
- Interview Trends for the Business World
- Networking & Leads for the Business World
- Degree Options: What Can I Do With My BBA/BCOM ?
- Launching Into - Accounting & Finance
- Launching Into - Management, Marketing, HR
Step 2- Resume Support
Complete a Resume Critique-Express appointment with a PDLC Career Advisor. To book an appointment visit UTMBusinessConnect
Step 3- Reflection
Complete the Reflection Form
Step 4 - Feedback Appointment
Complete a Feedback appointment with The Professional Development & Career Strategist. To book an appointment visit UTMBusinessConnect
* As a special bonus for the successful completion of the PDLC Career Module, students receive a U of T branded keepsake and recognition at the annual UTMM Awards & Directors’ Circle celebration.