The Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Preparation Module prepares Commerce and Management for the CFA Level 1 exam as a professional designation through workshops, a mock exam, and a debrief session.
Who is this module for?
This module is for in-program Commerce and Management students who are interested in and/or planning to take the CFA Level 1 Exam in the future (during their 4th year or after convocation) and want to optimize their studying time to be successful on the exam day.
What can you expect?
- Get an overview of the key CFA topics that were identified as the top 3 to 4 most challenging ones by recent test takers
- Learn strategies and resources to prepare for the CFA exam
- Practice CFA exam questions & receive feedback
What will you learn?
- How to optimize your studying time to improve your chances of passing the CFA Level 1 exam.
- An understanding of the learning outcome statements as identified by the CFA Institute, with a focus on the top 3-to-4 most challenging topics.
- Strategies and tactics to effectively approach the exam questions on the exam day.
- What undergraduate courses to take that may cover some of the learning outcome statements as identified by the CFA Institute.
What are the key topics?
When you have completed this module, you will be able to:
Optimize your studying time to improve your chances of passing the CFA Level 1 exam. It has been identified by the CFA Institute that it takes on average 300 hours to study each exam, so it is critical that you are focused on how and what to study. This module will help you to achieve this goal
What are the requirements?
Active participation during the workshops is required to receive PSDP points for each session. You are encouraged to attend all sessions, but may also select only topics of interest to you.
*As a special bonus for the successful completion of a session(s) and registration to the mock CFA exam and debrief, students will receive access codes to preparation material plus discounts toward additional preparation material.
Professor Otto Yung has 25 years of experience working in a range of sectors including financial services, higher education, telecommunications, hydro-utility, manufacturing and municipal services. He has led multi-million dollar programs and initiatives in: corporate finance, operations, risk management, capital planning, mergers and acquisitions, and enterprise application software. Otto is a CFA Charterholder, an Accountant (CPA, CMA) and a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
For more details please visit UTMM iHub.
►Register for sessions on the PSDP system.