Becoming a mentee:
What’s next? Where do you even begin? While starting your university life can be exciting, we recognize how overwhelming it can get. The ICCIT Student Mentorship Program is here to ensure a smooth transition into ICCIT for you to have a successful and fulfilling university experience.
Perhaps you want to expand your personal and professional network, or maybe you have questions about internships, course selection or best practices to craft your resume.
ISMP will connect you to some of our best and experienced upper-year student-mentors to grow with!
Commitment of a mentee:
To encourage commitment to this program, your participation will be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
As a mentee, during the full academic year, you are expected to:
- Attend at least 4 of 5 monthly group sessions organized by your mentor
- Group sessions are designed to provide networking opportunities among mentees while the mentor shares valuable information for academic, professional, or personal growth in line with the ICCIT values
- Connect with your mentor for at least 2 one-on-one sessions
- Each mentor will be available for one-on-one meetings throughout the academic year where they can answer specific questions or provide personalized guidance for the mentee.
These are great opportunities to develop a close relationship with your mentor and to make the most of the ICCIT Student Mentorship Program.
The mentoring program runs throughout the Fall and Winter terms (i.e., September-April). It involves up to 5 group sessions and a minimum of 2 one-on-ones with your peer-mentor.
Specific mentoring session date, duration, content and location will be determined by a mutual agreement between the mentor and mentees based on their availability.
CCR Requirements for Mentees:
To encourage your commitment to this program, this position will be added to your Co-Curricular Record (CCR).
- Book & attend at least 2 one-on-ones with your mentor.
- Attend a minimum of 4 out of 5 group sessions related to:
- professional development
- student well-being
- social networking
- navigation of UTM protocols
- opportunities in the academic year
Joining as a mentee:
If you are a newly admitted ICCIT second-year student, you will be automatically enrolled in the ISMP Quercus groups in the Fall term. Please be sure to check your utoronto email regularly and follow the program on social media for updates (@iccit_mentorship).
We are excited to welcome you to the ICCIT community!
If you have any questions regarding the program, you can kindly message the Program Coordinator, for help at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on social media to receive daily updates regarding the program! We also share interesting mentoring facts, study and mentorship tips, as well as important ICCIT resources for you to make the most of your university.