Welcome to ICCIT’s Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page! Below is a list of commonly asked questions and answers to guide you to the resources that are available online.
- Course planning
- Program selection
- Awards, scholarships & tuition fees
- Missed tests & assignments
- Academic integrity
- Student engagement
- How do I find out what courses I need to take for program requirements?
- Program requirements are published in the Academic Calendar each academic year. Current students can view their academic history, degree and program requirements on Degree Explorer or use the Planner tool (found within Degree Explorer) to determine how future course choices might meet your requirements.
- I want to take a course, but I do not have the prerequisite. What can I do to enroll in the course?
- Prerequisites are strictly enforced at ICCIT. It is your responsibility to ensure that the prerequisites for courses have been met. Students without the prerequisites can be removed at any time. Waivers will not be granted.
- Can I take the prerequisite course, along with the course I want within the same semester?
- No. Prerequisite courses ensure that students are equipped with the skills and base knowledge before taking more advanced courses.
- I was trying to enroll in a CCT course (e.g., CCT210H5F) but it says that my enrolment is blocked when I put it into my enrolment cart on ACORN. What is the reason for this?
- Please review the UTM Timetable for enrolment controls. Many of the 200-level and higher CCT courses are either given priority or restricted to in-program students.
- I want to contact an ICCIT course instructor. Where can I obtain their contact information?
- Contact information for ICCIT faculty and instructors can be found under Our People. Additionally, contact details of your course instructor are listed in the course syllabus.
- I need help with course planning. How do I book an appointment with the ICCIT Student Advisor?
- Head over to the Student Advising page for more information on how you can connect with the ICCIT Advising Team.
- What are the program entry requirements for each ICCIT program (CCIT, DEM, PWC and TCS)?
- Program entry requirements are listed in the Academic Calendar. Note that ICCIT sets a minimum required CGPA for our programs. This will vary from year to year and is based, in part, on supply and demand.
- I am on track to completing at least 4.0 credits and the required courses by the end of the session. When do I apply for a program of study (Specialist, Major or Minor)?
- Each year there are two program request periods for ICCIT programs – Spring and Summer. For more information on choosing programs and application deadlines, visit the Office of the Registrar’s Program Selection page.
- I’m interested in learning more about what I can do with my degree and what job fields I can explore with my education; how do I find out more about this?
- For insight into your future beyond ICCIT, visit the Career Centre to explore your career goals, network with your instructors and peers or connect with the ICCIT Advising team!
- I am from high school and interested in pursuing an ICCIT program at UTM. How do I apply?
- Students applying from high school or transferring from another institution or U of T campus can learn more about the admission process and requirements by visiting UTM Student Recruitment & Admissions.
Awards, scholarships & tuition fees
- Does ICCIT provide any awards or scholarships to students?
- Visit the ICCIT Awards & Scholarships page for more information. In addition, students can visit the Office of the Registrar’s Fees and Financial Aid page or browse U of T’s Award Explorer to gain access to additional funding opportunities.
- My program has a deregulated program fee. What does this mean?
- The DEM Specialist, CCIT Major and TCS Major are considered deregulated programs and tuition is set at a higher rate with a different fee structure. To learn more, visit the Office of the Registrar’s Deregulated Program Fees page.
- I’m having trouble with financing my tuition and/or understanding my invoice. What resources are available for me?
- Please meet with a Financial Aid Advisor in the Office of the Registrar to discuss your financial needs and resources that are available to you.
Missed tests & assignments
- What do I do if I miss a test or assignment, or need a deadline extension in my course?
- Please refer to your course syllabus for details outlining ICCIT’s Special Consideration Requests (SCR) system.
- I’ve been accused of academic dishonesty. Where can I go for support or to learn more about Academic Integrity?
- Visit the Academic Integrity website for useful resources and information related to academic integrity and its importance at UTM.
- I want to get more involved on campus. How do I join a student group at ICCIT?
- Our Student Groups would love to hear from you! For a full listing of all Student Groups and other opportunities to get involved around campus, visit the Centre for Student Engagement.