So we're a Silver Fair Trade Campus... what does that mean?
It means that...
- All non-branded food service outlets exclusively serve Fair Trade coffee, tea, sugar, bananas, and three or more Fair Trade chocolate bar options!
- All snack vending machines offer Fair Trade chocolate bar options
- We have three THEOS coffee vending machines onto campus which offer Fair Trade coffee
- All non-branded food service locations use Fair Trade cinnamon & chocolate in cooking
- All catered events will also use, exclusively, Fair Trade coffee, tea, and sugar
And outside of food service, it means...
- UTM host a number of Fair Trade events every year, including events such as Breakfast ‘n Learns, free product tastings, & giveaways
- These events will not only provide an opportunity to try the products, but also be an opportunity to learn, ask questions, and be a part of something bigger than UTM
- We will celebrate Fair Trade Campus Week! That means we'll provide opportunities to sample products and carry on the conversation about our Fair Trade initiatives and educate our community -
- Every year we will reassess our commitment and reapply for our designation through Fair Trade Canada!
Look for this symbol when purchasing Fair Trade products:
Questions? Contact us!
William G. Davis building, Suite 3127
Making experiences, exceptional