Community engagement enriches the core activities of UTM in many ways through research, teaching, and service. The benefits to providing high-quality engagement can range from developing meaningful interactions with the local community, increasing student participation, and having teaching or research enrich the lives of others in local or international communities through impact.
The Experiential Education Unit (EEU) can help:
- Advise on options to effectively engage with the community
- Secure community participation
- Provide contacts to community organizations
- Promote events through social media channels
- Host a talk during the Lecture Me! series