To work collaboratively with University of Toronto Mississauga faculty and teaching assistants to help them create the best possible environments for learning in their classes, labs, and tutorials.
Welcome to the RGASC, UTM’s hub of activity for academic work.
Whether you’re an undergraduate student, graduate student, or instructor, our team of exceptional student staff, part- and full-time staff, and faculty are here to work with you to support your learning and teaching.
In Spring 2023, our team came together to review our vision and mission and to begin the process of developing a strategic plan to inform all aspects of the RGASC’s operations. In Fall 2023, our team finalized six strategic priorities that will guide our work over the next three years.
- Nurture trust and collaboration with community partners to support student and instructor success and belonging.
- Create an inviting, safe, dedicated space for student and instructor learning.
- Impact equity and access in higher education by courageously challenging systemic barriers and modeling equity-minded pedagogies.
- Advocate for learning environments where all members of the UTM community can thrive.
- Develop research-informed programming that supports student and instructor success.
- Create an environment where members of the RGASC feel valued, connected, and empowered to become leaders within their areas of expertise.
These strategic priorities provide us with a path for working with students, staff, and instructors at UTM. Each of our priorities will lead to improved programming and partnerships. They will also help us to celebrate our successes and guide us when we confront unexpected challenges.
I am proud to serve as Director, to build on the impressive work of my colleagues, and to provide educational leadership to our current team. I am eager to collaborate with stakeholders across UTM on new and ongoing initiatives. I am committed to contributing to the success of learning and teaching at UTM, and I invite you to join me on this journey.
Jordana Garbati, PhD, MBA
Director, Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre
Assistant Professor, Institute for the Study of University Pedagogy
Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre
University of Toronto Mississauga
Maanjiwe nendamowinan, Room 3251
3359 Mississauga Rd,
Mississauga, ON, L5L 1C6