Major Program ERMAJ1645 English (Arts)
Program Requirements: At least 7.0 ENG credits, including at least 2.0 credits at the 300 or 400 level. Only 1.0 ENG course at the 100 level may be counted towards program requirements, and no more than 1.0 credit may be counted towards program requirements from the following courses: ENG234H5, ENG235H5, ENG236H5, ENG237H5, ENG238H5, ENG239H5, ENG276H5, ENG261H5, ENG276H5, ENG277H5, ENG279H5, ENG289H5, ENG291H5, ENG344H5, ENG373H5, ENG374H5. ENG100H5 may not be counted towards program requirements.
The major also requires the following courses:
- ENG280H5 (0.5 credits) Critical Approaches to Literature
- ENG202H5 and ENG203H5, British Literature survey parts I and II (0.5 credits each)
- Three credits distributed among the following areas, as follows:
- At least 0.5 credits in Literary Theory/Methods (Group 1): ENG101H5, ENG201Y5, ENG205H5, ENG206H5, ENG259H5, ENG269H5, ENG275H5, ENG372H5, ENG380H5, ENG382H5, ENG384H5, ENG396H5, ENG414H5, ENG415H5, ENG416H5.
- At least 0.5 credits in Race, Ethnicity, Diaspora, Indigeneity (Group 2): ENG271H5, ENG272H5, ENG273H5, ENG274H5, ENG326H5, ENG343H5, ENG370H5, ENG371H5, ENG426H5, ENG434H5.
- At least 0.5 credits in Literature pre-1700 (Group 3): ENG220Y5, ENG300Y5, ENG301H5, ENG303H5, ENG304H5, ENG307H5, ENG311H5, ENG312H5, ENG313H5, ENG320H5, ENG321H5, ENG326H5, ENG327H5, ENG330H5, ENG331H5, ENG335H5, ENG336H5, ENG460H5, ENG461H5, ENG462H5.
- At least 0.5 credits in Literature 1700-1900 (Group 4): ENG305H5, ENG306Y5, ENG308Y5, ENG314H5, ENG315H5, ENG322Y5, ENG323H5, ENG324Y5, ENG325H5, ENG337H5, ENG345H5, ENG383H5, ENG385H5, ENG386H5, ENG387H5, ENG395H5, ENG463H5, ENG470H5, ENG471H5.
- At least 0.5 credits in Canadian Literature (Group 5): ENG215H5, ENG252Y5, ENG255H5, ENG352H5, ENG353Y5, ENG354Y5, ENG357H5, ENG358H5, ENG361H5, ENG362H5, ENG392H5, ENG393H5, ENG424H5, ENG425H5.
- At least 0.5 credits in American Literature (Group 6): ENG250Y5, ENG251H5, ENG360H5, ENG363Y5, ENG364Y5, ENG365H5, ENG366H5, ENG394H5, ENG395H5, ENG435H5, ENG436H5.
NOTE: Students without pre- and co-requisites or written permission of the instructor can be de-registered from courses at any time. Pre- and co-requisites will be strictly enforced.