Students who do not meet the prerequisite for a given course may petition the department in writing for approval to take the course.

The petition (please use this form) should be sent by email to the Undergraduate Advisor at

The petition should include your student id, describe your reasons for wanting to take the course and explain how your prior coursework in lieu of the prerequisites has prepared you for success in the course in question.