There are new resources available aimed at standardizing the submission of Offer of Employment (A#) requests and supporting documentation to the Office of the Vice-Provost, Faculty & Academic Life. Below are links to fillable forms for:
- Visiting Professor – one year or less
- Visiting Professor – one year or more (including appointment extension request)
- Research Award Recipients (RAR)
- Guest Lecturer
Going forward, instead of putting an individual’s details (e.g. name, citizenship, etc.) in the email body, please complete the appropriate form and include it with the required documents and email these to the UTM Academic HR Office. Please contact our office if you have any questions or concerns regarding the process or the required documentation.
Please note: The compliance fee is centrally funded and not paid by or charged back to the department, PI or hosting faculty member. Consequently, Consequently VPFAL does not need budget or account details for OOE/A# requests.
New Template letters can be found:
On the AAPM website is an updated Visiting Professor invitation template letter. https://www.aapm.utoronto.ca/academic-administrative-procedures-manual/other-appointments/status-only-adjunct-visiting-professors/#section_5
There are also new template letters available by request only, please contact our office, for use in the following situations:
- The host/unit may provide additional compensation or assign additional duties to the Visiting Professor after they arrive in Canada
- The Extension of a Canadian Citizen or PR Visiting Professor’s appointment
- The Visiting Professor will be paid for dedicated teaching responsibilities (non-appointed casual)
Global Skills Strategy:
- Short Stay Professor (duties include research collaboration, talks or lectures, etc.) 120 days maximum, paid and unpaid
If you have any questions about inviting international academic collaborators to U of T, please contact the UTM Academic HR Office.
1) Information regarding Status-only, Adjunct and Visiting Professor Appointments
2) UTM Guidelines on Status-only, Adjunct and Visiting Professor Appointments
3) Letters of Appointment
4) Research Associate Appointment