Contact a Commerce/Management Academic Advisor
Use the information below to book an appointment with a Commerce/Management Academic Advisor. If you are looking to book an appointment with an academic advisor in the Registrar's Office, please submit your request via Ask Registrar.
Our team of advisors provide academic advising to all Commerce and Management students. Here's how they can help you:
- Support with planning short-term and long-term academic goals
- Guide course selection based on program requirements and prerequisites
- Clarify the academic calendar
- Discuss matters impacting academic performance
- Explain academic policies, regulations and procedures impacting student academics
- Discuss experiential opportunities available at UTMM, UTM and UofT, and UTMM resources and supports
- Provide appropriate on-campus referrals to partnering departments including the Health & Counselling Centre, Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre, UTM Library etc.
For questions related to your academic record, email email@example.com. Please include your First Name, Last Name and Student Number in the Subject Line.
From October 1st - October 31st, 2022, the following advising options will be available:
Option 1: Booking an Appointment
In-program students can book appointments on UTMBusinessConnect. In-program students include students in any of the following Subject POSts: ERSPE2273, ERSPE1704, ERSPE2034, ERSPE2380, ERMAJ1111, ERSPE1882, ERSPE2431 and ERMAJ2431. In-program Advising sessions are 20 minutes.
*Contacting an academic advisor based on your surname: If your last name begins with the letter A - L, please contact Suzanna Elmazi. If your last name begins with the letter M - Z, please contact Natasha Hanif. Curriculum Support Officer, Ahad Syed, is also available to support your academic advising needs.
All academic advising email communication with Suzanna, Natasha and Ahad will continue to go through firstname.lastname@example.org.
First-year Students in Commerce and Management (or students interested in Commerce or Management. First-year (or non-program student) appointments are available on MS Bookings. Virtual advising sessions are 20 minutes.
► Click here to book an appointment:
*Please select the appropriate advisor when booking an appointment:
- If your last name begins with the letter A - L (Suzanna Elmazi)
- If your last name begins with the letter M - Z (Natasha Hanif)
- For additional support (Ahad Syed)
Option 2: Virtual Drop-in Sessions (In-program and First-year Students)
Join us in October for virtual drop-in sessions on
- Tuesdays (1:30 - 2:30 p.m.)
No appointment necessary. Please have your student card available. Virtual drop-in sessions can be accessed on Zoom:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 868 9220 1260
Option 3: Wednesday In-person Drop-in Sessions (In- program and First-year Students)
On Wednesdays, students can sign up for a 15-minute, drop-in advising session 1 day in advance.
Book your slot here:
Drop-in advising takes place at the Kaneff Centre in Suite KN216. Please arrive at your assigned time.