Bank of Canada-Tsinghua PBCSF-University of Toronto Conference on the Chinese Economy
Tsinghua University (Beijing, China) and virtual
August 27-28, 2021
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Call for Papers
The sixth annual Bank of Canada-Tsinghua PBCSF-University of Toronto Conference on the Chinese Economy is jointly sponsored by the Bank of Canada, the PBC School of Finance at Tsinghua University and the Economics Department and the Institute for Management and Innovation at the University of Toronto.
The conference will be held on August 27-28, 2021 (Beijing time) at the PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University in Beijing, China as well as virtually. This conference aims to provide researchers and policymakers the opportunity to discuss theoretical and empirical perspectives on China’s recent economic growth experience and its implications for the global economy. We welcome papers in all areas of economics relating to the Chinese economy.
More information about the conference, including the links to the programs of the conference in previous years can be found below.
Authors are invited to submit theoretical and empirical papers on the above-mentioned topics. Submissions must consist of either a full paper (preferred) or an extended abstract and should be submitted in PDF format to the conference page at the Conference Maker:
The submission deadline is April 30, 2021. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by May 15, 2021.
The organizers will cover reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for presenters who will travel to Beijing.
- Loren Brandt, University of Toronto
- Guillaume Nolin, Bank of Canada
- Lin Shao, Bank of Canada
- Liyan Yang, University of Toronto
- Ji Zhang, Tsinghua PBCSF
- Hao Zhou, Tsinghua PBCSF
- Xiaodong Zhu, University of Toronto
Programs of the conference in previous years can be found below:
- First Annual Conference on the Chinese Economy (University of Toronto, April 2015)
- Second Annual Conference on the Chinese Economy (University of Toronto, October 2016)
- Third Annual Conference on the Chinese Economy (Institute for Management & Innovation, University of Toronto Mississauga, September 2017)
- Fourth Annual Conference on the Chinese Economy (PBC School of Finance, Tsinghua University, November 2018)
- Fifth Annual Conference on the Chinese Economy (Bank of Canada, Ottawa August 26-27, 2019)
- Bank of Canada, Ottawa