Mail Services at UTM
We deliver mail between departments:
- We deliver mail across campus daily, from Monday-Friday
- We pick up mail from designated departmental offices and bring it to the UTM Mail Room to process
- Once the On-Campus mail is processed it will then be delivered to the designated departmental office by the following business day
*This service is provided at no charge to your department
We pick up mail from departments to be mailed off-campus:
- We pick up mail from designated departmental mail rooms and bring it to the UTM Mail Room to process
- Mail that is going off-campus will be processed each business day
- We will apply the required postage to each letter or parcel and charge the department's mail account
- Off-campus mail is then picked up by Canada Post the following weekday.
- Departmental mail account balances are tracked through departmental FIS reports.
Canada Post delivery standards:
Local: up to 2 business days
Regional: 3-5 business days
National: 4-9 business days
*International mail delivery times vary by country. For all international mail, please be sure to complete and affix a Customs Form that can be found on the Canada Post website here before sending it to the UTM Mail Room for delivery.
We deliver mail between campuses:
- Mail for the University of Toronto downtown campus is picked up from designated departmental offices and brought to the UTM Mail Room for processing each business day
- Deliveries from the UTM Mail Room to the St. George Mail Room are made by the following business day
- Deliveries from the UTM Mail Room to UTSC are first sent to the St. George Mail Room (the following business day) then delivered to the UTSC Mail Room on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (excluding Statutory and University of Toronto designated holidays).
*All Inter-Campus Deliveries are made by Sunwheel/Stirling Logistics.
*Any mail for delivery to the downtown campus is picked up each business day at 9:30am from the UTM Mail Room.
Deliveries to the downtown campus are made to 4 area blocks (called Groups). Departmental deliveries to an area within any of the Groups are provided at no charge to your department.
We can help with large mail outs (5,000+ pieces):
- The UTM Mail Room will do their best to accommodate any Large Mail-Outs (5,000 pieces or more) that your department may have within 1 business day of receiving the Mail-Out information
- In order for the UTM Mail Room to make the necessary arrangements to accommodate any deadlines you may have, please provide the information regarding the Mail-Out with as much advance notice as possible via email at email@example.com or by phone at (905) 828-5248
We can help with courier delivery (department use only):
- The shipping and receiving of envelopes, parcels, and freight through a Courier Service (excluding shipments sent C.O.D.) can be arranged through the UTM Stores/Shipping and Receiving Department by calling (905) 828-5277
- The UTM Stores/Shipping and Receiving Department Hours of Operation are Monday to Friday, 8am to 4:30pm (excluding Statutory and University of Toronto designated holidays).
Questions? Contact us!
William G. Davis building, Suite 1132, down the hall from the Bookstore
Making experiences, exceptional