Waste Ambassador Program
In the 2022-2023 school year, the Sustainability Office piloted the Waste Ambassador Program at UTM. Through waste education and outreach, the student-run program communicated knowledge and waste management to other students, staff, and faculty. The goal of the program is to change behaviours on waste sorting and improve waste education on campus to help us increase UTM's waste diversion rate.
Sustainability Ambassador Program (2023-2024)
The Waste Ambassador Program is now under MScSM's Sustainability Ambassador Program.
Interested in learning about waste and educating your peers about it on campus? Join the Waste Education and Engagement stream as a Waste & Material Recovery Team Member!
- Facilitate waste patrolling and tabling sessions beside hallway bins
- Lead classroom talks and presentations
- Collaborate with campus groups and clubs to organize fun waste-related workshops and events
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly and monthly team meetings
- Commit 40-60 hours for the school year
To sign up to become a team member this year, fill in this form or scan the QR code!