Volunteer Note-taker Position
Accessibility Services is looking for reliable volunteers to serve as note-takers this academic year. Volunteer note-takers play an important role in supporting students with disabilities achieve their academic goals. Students who require note-taking services may have difficulties taking notes due to a documented learning, physical, sensory, mental health disability or medical condition.
- attend class regularly and take complete notes
- upload notes to the note-taker database within 24 hours of each class
- complete the online note-taker training module
- notify Accessibility Services if any issues arise (i.e., you missed a lecture, you dropped the course, the note-taker database is not working, etc.)
Benefits of volunteering:
- receive a Co-Curricular Record (CCR) notation
- develop and enhance your organizational and note-taking skills
- contribute towards an accessible and inclusive community
- receive a reference letter upon request
Past volunteers often say that being a note-taker motivates them to attend class, be more attentive, participate in class discussions and take comprehensive notes, which works to benefit both the note-taker and note-takee.
Register as a Volunteer Note-taker
- Register Online using your UTORid
- Upload your lecture notes for each course. If you have typed notes, please upload the notes directly online. If you have handwritten notes, please scan your notes using a scanner or a scanning app on your phone or tablet.
- Please upload your notes within 24 hours of each class for the rest of the semester.
Download Note-taker Flyer Here
Co-Curricular Record (CCR)
Accessibility Notetakers are eligible to receive a CCR notation for Fall/Winter 2022-23 by completing the following requirements:
- Provide notes in at least one full year (Y) course or two half credit courses during the 2022 Fall and/or 2023 Winter term.
- Consistently upload your class notes to the database.
- Commit for the entire term and provide at least 80 per cent of the course notes.
- Complete the note-taker training quiz on Quercus.
- Complete a feedback survey at the end of the year.
CCR validations for Fall/Winter 2022-23 will occur during April/May 2023.
For more information, please contact us at 905-828-5422 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access the Co-Curricular Record (CCR) here.