COVID-19 Updates for Students Registered with Accessibility Services
Remote Services Update for Registered Students
- Our office remains available to you remotely, please connect via phone and email - email@example.com/905-569-4699.
- If you would like to communicate a specific accessibility related concern to your Accessibility Advisor about a change that has been made in your course(s), please use the Accessibility Advisor Notification Form to help ensure we have all the information that we need to respond in an appropriate and timely way. We will be triaging for urgency and immediate need and appreciate your patience. Non-urgent situations may have a longer than normal response time, but we will get back to you.
- We will continue to hold Accessibility Advisor appointments with our students, as scheduled, however these will now be phone or Microsoft Teams (video) based.
- The Volunteer Notetaking program continues to run, and we have asked all volunteer notetakers to continue taking notes online and upload to the note-taking portal for you to access these resources.
- If you have registered for a test or exam that is happening online, please ensure you register your test/exam via AIMS. Your entries will be removed offline within 24 hours. The test/exam department will be notifying your professor and/or the academic department about your test/exam accommodations.
- Bursary for Students with Disabilities (BSWD) Funding remains in place, so long as a course is running and has not been cancelled. Please continue to utilize these supports and submit receipts to Enrollment Services as per usual.
- In the interest of your health and well-being, we are cancelling all drop-ins and group programming. However, we are hoping to offer some programming on-line. Stay posted and check the CLNx and our website for updates!
These changes will require some adjustments by all members of the campus community (faculty, staff and students). Thank you for your patience and cooperation to find reasonable solutions, given these exceptional circumstances.
|Accessibility Advisor Notification Form (PDF)|
|Accessibility Resources for Students in Online Learning (PDF)|
|Update to Students from UTM Accessibility Services March 16 (PDF)|
|Online Assistive Technology Resources (PDF)|
|Mental Health Strategies and Resource for Students (PDF)|