Health & Wellness

  1. UTM Health and Counselling Centre (HCC)
  2. Counselling Services
  3. International Student Health Insurance 
  4. Green Shield Canada (GSC)

For more resources, go to the menu on the left. 

UTM Health and Counselling Centre (HCC)

The UTM Health and Counselling Centre (HCC) is funded by and supports enrolled undergraduate and graduate students. It does not provide medical or counselling services to postdocs, faculty or UofT/UTM staff, but it can recommend clinics near the UTM campus for medical care, and may be aware of local family physicians who are accepting new patients.

The nearest clinics to the UTM campus are:

South Common Medical Centre (2.0 km):

Dundas Medical Centre (2.2 km):

Queensway Multi-Specialty Medical Clinic (6.8 km - open until 11 pm everyday):

UTM's HCC nurses can assist with minor first aid in the clinic during its regular hours of operation, although service may be limited based on nurse availability. To access the UTM HCC in case of requiring minor first aid treatment, please visit the centre directly, located on the 1st floor of the William G. Davis building (Rm. 1123A) near the campus bookstore.

More significant first aid services are arranged through the UTM Campus Police, who may coordinate with the on-campus Saint John Ambulance bridage, ECSpeRT, and/or Peel emergency response services.

If you are experiencing an emergency and require immediate medical assistance, call 911.

Counselling Services

As a CUPE 3902 Unit 5 postdoc, you are eligible to access counselling and other services provided by the UofT Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). Please contact your host department for more details, or visit:

Information on EFAP:

International Student Health Insurance: 

The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) has made changes to how international students receive their health card. Beginning September 1, 2016, students will be able to access their cards online. Details about this new process are available on the Centre for International Experience's (CIE) UHIP webpage:

More information on UHIP can also be found at:


Green Shield Canada (GSC) 

For information on Green Shield Canada Health Benefits:

You can also download the Green Shield Canada benefit plan booklet at:

As a UofT employed Postdoc, you need to enroll in order to receive GSC benefits. To access the enrolment form, visit: Please fill out this form and return it by fax, e-mail or in person, to the Postdoctoral Office at the UofT School of Graduate Studies (contact information found at

If you are looking for a physician, please visit Health Care Connect to find physicians in Ontario who are accepting new patients:

Health Care Connect:


UTM Recreation Athletics and Wellness Centre Staircase