The UTM Department of Recreation, Athletics & Wellness is primarily funded by and supports enrolled undergraduate and graduate students, but offers preferred member pricing to postdoctoral fellows, faculty, staff and/or alumni. Present your engagement letter from your supervisor and your UofT ID card (T-Card) at the membership services desk of the UTM Recreation, Athletics and Wellness Centre (RAWC) to purchase a plan.
For more details on all athletic services and interactive class schedules, visit:
Recreation, Atheletic and Wellness Centre (RAWC)
The RAWC is the heart of fitness at UTM, and is home to:
- Extensive cardio and strength training equipment (including accessible equipment for users with disabilities);
- An indoor 3-lane, 200 m track (Level 2) that extends around the entire facility;
- A 25-metre pool and adjascent hot tub;
- A dry sauna (men's changeroom) and steam room (female change room);
- Dance and Fitness Teaching Studios (Level 1) that host daily classes including latin and jazz dancing, yoga, judo and karate;
- Outdoor fields to support individual and team activities such as volleyball, tennis, soccer, and American football
The RAWC also boasts GYM A/B, a double gym that hosts retractable basketball nets, and can be subdivided into 2 full-size gyms by a retractable curtain in order to co-host other activities such as volleball, indoor soccer, and badminton.
At the RAWC, you can meet all of your basic fitness needs, including personal training and group fitness classes (available at additional costs) - which you can receive at a discounted rate!
High Performance Centre (HPC)
The HPC is another feature of Athletics at UTM that was built to maximize our community's strength training and conditioning goals. This facility is supported by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), the Ontario Weighlifting Association (OWA), the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP), and Can-Fit Pro. The HPC is also used for National and Provincial Training Centre Olympic Weightlifting camps.
To use the RAWC and HPC, you need to purchase a standard membership. For details, visit:
*Note: You will have to undergo a MANDATORY orientation to have access to the HPC during non-program hours.
Tri-Campus Physical Activity, Sports & Recreational Programs
Do you want to:
- Learn how to salsa dance?
- Get trained in First Aid/CPR C?
- Complete a Wen-Do Women's Self-Defence course?
- Learn how to swim, or train for a triathlon?
You can register for these courses and more hosted across the UofT Tri-Campus system by visiting: