IMI Code of Student Professionalism
Institute for Management & Innovation
Code of Student Professionalism
Undergraduate and Graduate programs
The Institute for Management & Innovation (IMI) offers programs that combine the study of Management with that of a particular profession, industrial sector, or scientific field. IMI prides itself on fostering within its students a standard of professionalism expected by the students’ chosen profession, sector or field, and on creating a positive learning environment. As an IMI student, you are thus expected to abide by IMI’s Code of Student Professionalism.
More specifically, IMI expects the following of you:
- That you observe all of the University’s policies concerning conduct, academic and non-academic. It is your responsibility to familiarize yourself with these policies. The two most important are:
- That you conduct yourself in a professional manner, with integrity and always with the goal of upholding the university’s standards of excellence; including, but not limited to, the use of university resources.
- That you will carry out your dealings courteously and respectfully with everyone you work with in your capacity as an IMI student.
- That, whenever possible, you will take full advantage of the curricular and co-curricular activities organized by your program.
- That you will treat your time on the program and within IMI as an opportunity for learning, self-discovery and development.
In all circumstances the University’s official policies and procedures take precedence over this Code. However, if your program administration becomes concerned that your behaviour is inconsistent with this Code while not contravening a University policy, then you will be invited to discuss the matter with your Program Director. Persistent transgressions may result in you being interviewed by the IMI Director who may, at his or her discretion, take more serious action to address the issues at hand.