Please note that this page contains general information on the Work-Study Program at U of T, along with links to supports for students and supervisors. Please login to the Career and Co-Curricular Learning Network (CLNx) for specific dates, links to all required forms, including HR payroll packages and process information.
General information about the Work-Study Program at U of T:
Across the University of Toronto, more than 3,500 students participate in the Work-Study Program every year! The Work-Study Program is offered twice each year (fall/winter, and summer); U of T Faculty and Staff supervise the students, and students apply for paid, meaningful, on-campus positions that strengthen skills, deepen knowledge and allows students to explore how academic studies translate into career possibilities. All Work-Study positions are CCR recognized (see the CCR website to learn more).
Where to find detailed information:
There are two Work-Study programs each year: fall/winter and summer. The University covers 70 per cent of the Work-Study hourly wage. Detailed information can be found at https://clnx.utoronto.ca/myAccount/jobs/work-study/aboutws-facultystaff.htm** (log into CLNx before accessing the link).
Support for students from the UTM Career Centre:
- Resume and Cover Letter Toolkit and Critiques
- Professionalism in the Workplace courses (in Quercus)
- Stand out and Succeed at Work (see UTM Events and Workshop calendar** in CLNx for dates)
Support for Faculty/Staff hiring manager from the UTM Career Centre
- Professional Development booklet
- Information sessions each May and September (check the UTM Events and Workshop calendar** in CLNx for dates)
- Here are some details on how the UTM Career Centre conducts Work-Study student training. Feel free to use any ideas that may work in your department. Student Staff training
- Tips on supervising remote students from CEWIL:
- Human Resources/Payroll:
**Before accessing any link in CLNx, please log into your CLNx Staff and Faculty account.