The Gunning group at the University of Toronto Mississauga is recruiting a full time postdoctoral fellow in the area of medicinal chemistry. The candidate will participate in research projects focusing on the evaluation and assessment of novel small molecule therapeutics through in cellulo and in vivo models.
Desired skills and experience
The candidates should have recently completed their PhD degree in organic chemistry or a related discipline. A successful candidate will be highly motivated, goal oriented and a self-driven individual who is ready to work independently as well as in a team environment. The ideal candidate has experience in drug discovery and organic synthesis to support preclinical development of drug candidates.
- PhD in Organic, Bioorganic or Medicinal Chemistry
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry
- Collection, analysis and interpretation of data sets and proposal of follow-up experiments based on data trends
- Troubleshoot and optimize reaction sequences
- Strong record of scientific accomplishments
- Strong skills in written and oral communication
About the employer
The Gunning group is one of the leaders in the fields of molecular recognition and medicinal chemistry with a strong record of academic publications and patents. The laboratory has an extensive and global network of academic, industrial, and governmental collaborators. Our group offers a highly dynamic and innovative research environment with pharma-quality services and instruments. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Applicants are asked to submit a CV and a cover letter. For inquiries and to submit your application package, contact Barry Netto (email@example.com).