Head Start Program
The UTM Head Start program is designed to introduce incoming first-year UTM students to university expectations. Free interactive online sessions feature senior student panels and simulated classroom experiences.
Benefits of Attending
Attending Head Start sessions can help you:
- make a smooth transition into university
- become familiar with the differences between high school and university expectations before classes begin
- learn proactive and strategic approaches to succeeding in your first year at UTM
- develop the skills you need to enhance your academic performance, and
- meet first-year instructors, librarians and senior students
Registration & Schedule
Head Start 2020 sessions will take place each day from Monday, Aug. 24 through to Friday, Sept. 4, 2020.
Please note: Head Start 2020 will be online, and will feature both asynchronous and synchronous sessions.
Check out what we are offering this year - Head Start 2020 schedule!
We look forward to seeing you at Head Start!
Hear From Students About Their Head Start Experience!