The Tom Klubi Academic Peer Mentor Award recognizes up to five (5) students who have modeled outstanding academic skills and contributed to building academic communities through their volunteer experience.
This award will be presented to individuals who have demonstrated leadership as an academic peer mentor by encouraging, motivating, and supporting fellow UTM students in their academic growth.
To be eligible for this award, candidates must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- Currently registered part-time or full-time as a student at UTM.
- Have completed at least 5.0 credits at UTM.
- Are in good academic standing at the time of application.
- Be a peer mentor at the time of application.
- Have demonstrated a connection to ISUP that has led to involvement in, and commitment to, academic peer mentorship that impacts the UTM community.
Eligible students will have experience in a formal academic peer mentorship program connected to ISUP (e.g., FSG, PASS, GEL, PMLCs, utmONE Scholars Community).
Nominees for this award will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Proficiency in academic skills
- Growth in academic skills
- Mentorship of other students in academic skill development
- Enhancement of the academic life of the campus
- Development of and leadership in learning communities
A nomination package must be submitted via this nomination form before January 31st of the current academic year to qualify for this award.
To apply for the award, please submit:
- A copy of the nominee’s CV.
- The name of a staff member or instructor who can provide a letter of endorsement for the student.
- A detailed statement from the student specifying how they meet the criteria for the award. The statement should answer the following questions:
- How did you demonstrate proficiency and growth in your academic skills? Please respond using specific examples. (200 words max.)
- How did you contribute to mentoring other students in their academic skill development? Please include specific experience(s) in your response. (200 words max.)
- How did you enhance the academic life of the campus? Please include specific experience(s) in your response. (200 words max.)
- How did you develop and lead in learning communities? Please include specific experience(s) in your response. (200 words max.)
The ISUP Awards Committee will determine the recipient, based on the criteria outlined, and announce the winner before March 30th of the current academic year.