Application period for 2023-24 has closed
- Are you officially registered in an Economics Program of Study (Subject POSt: Specialist, Major, or Minor)?
- Are you looking to apply your economics knowledge to the "real" world?
- Will you have completed 15.0 full course equivalents (FCEs) by the September of the academic year in which the course and placement will begin (be considered a fourth year student by then)?
- Will you be *graduating in June or November at the end of the internship?
- Will you be taking no more than 4.0 other full course equivalents (FCEs) during the academic year in which the course and placement will take place?
- Will you be able to commit 200-hours over the academic year (an average of a full-day during the fall/winter terms) for your placement?
- Will you have a *CGPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
[*Note: If not, explain any extenuating circumstances in application statement for a case-by-case consideration]
If you are an Economics student, sign-up for an Information Session to learn more about the EC0400Y5 academic internship course, eligibility requirements, and application process for 2023-24:
Sign-Up Required by: 9AM Friday, January 13, 2023.
- Tuesday, January 17,2023
- 12:10 PM - 1:00 PM (EST)
- In-Person: DV 3140 (UTM Room, 3rd floor Davis Building)
- Online: Zoom (link will be emailed to registered students only 24-hours prior)
Light refreshments will be served to those who register by deadline.
Timeline for 2023-24
Please take note of the following important timelines:
|December 15, 2022 – 12:00 AM (EST)||Application period opens|
|January 17, 2023||Information Session (hybrid)|
|February 6, 2023 – 11:59 PM (EST)||Priority deadline|
|February 21-23, 2023 (Reading Week)||Priority interviews|
|February 28, 2023 - 11:59 PM (EST)||Application Period closes|
Review the instructions, application fields, and document checklist for submitting your completed package online via this link:
Checklist - Required Components
- Fill out - All required fields of the online application form [opens December 15]; focus on key written responses:
- Personal Statement (see instructions in online application)
- Career Goals & Placement Interest (pick your top two categories)
- Economic Data Analysis
- Policy/International Relations/NGOs
- Accounting/Financial Accounting
- Financial Planning/Wealth Management
- Investment Banking
- Private Equity/Fund Management/Trade/Risk
- Strategy Consulting & Business Incubator
- Business Start-ups
- Other (suggested by students)
- Upload - List of all 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Economics courses (see sample/template Excel Sheet)
- Upload - Resume (recommendation: critiqued by UTM Career Centre prior)
- Upload - ROSI Marks (print out/screen only - from Academic History, no need official transcript).
- Gather documents - Collect all necessary information and documents ahead of time, before starting to fill out submission form. Online submission needs to be completed in one sitting by the deadline. No late responses by email will be accepted.
- Written responses - Review the application fields, and prepare your answers offline using word count (e.g. on MS Word), save a copy, and then copy + paste responses into online form fields
- Uploads - Save final version in pdf and/or using the suggested naming convention and upload in the respective fields
- Save a copy - Take advantage of the automatic functions at the end of the form submission to receive a copy of your submission via email and save a pdf version thereof.
Address any questions you may have to the Internship Coordinator & Outreach Officer.