Information for the 2024-24 application cycle has been updated
- Are you officially registered in an Economics Program of Study (Subject POSt: Specialist, Major, or Minor)?
- Are you looking to apply your economics knowledge to the "real" world?
- Will you have completed 15.0 full course equivalents (FCEs) by the September of the academic year in which the course and placement will begin (be considered a fourth year student by then)?
- Will you be *graduating in June or November at the end of the internship?
- Will you be taking no more than 4.0 other full course equivalents (FCEs) during the academic year in which the course and placement will take place?
- Will you be able to commit 200-hours over the academic year (an average of a full-day during the fall/winter terms) for your placement?
- Will you have a *CGPA of 2.5 or higher at the time of application
[*Note: If not, explain any extenuating circumstances in application statement for a case-by-case consideration]
Please take note of the following important timelines:
|December 1, 2023 – 9:00 AM (EST)||Application period opens|
|January 18, 2024||Information Session (in-person only)|
|February 1, 2024 – 9 AM (EST)||Application period closes|
|February 19-29, 2024 (Reading Week + week after)||Interviews with Program Team|
If you are an Economics student, sign-up for an Information Session to learn more about the EC0400Y5 academic internship course, eligibility requirements, and application process for the next cycle:
Sign-Up Required by: 12 noon Monday, January 15, 2024.
- Thursday, January 18, 2024
- 12:10-1:30 PM
- Location will be emailed to eligible registrants 48-hours prior to their utorMail
Review the instructions, application fields, and document checklist for submitting your completed package online via this link:
Checklist - Required Components
(A) Fill out - All required fields of the online application form [opens December 1, closes Feb 1]; focus on key written responses:
- Personal Statement (see instructions in online application)
- Career Goals & Placement Interest (pick your top two categories)
- Economic Data Analysis
- Policy/International Relations/NGOs
- Accounting/Financial Accounting
- Financial Planning/Wealth Management
- Investment Banking
- Private Equity/Fund Management/Trade/Risk
- Strategy Consulting & Business Incubator
- Business Start-ups
- Other (suggested by students)
(B) Upload as one bundled PDF file LastName_FirstName_ECO400_2024-25
- Upload - Resume (recommendation: critiqued by UTM Career Centre prior)
- Upload - ROSI Marks (print out/screen only - from Academic History, no need official transcript)
- List of Economics courses - only all 2nd, 3rd, 4th year (see sample/template Excel Sheet)
- Study Permit - only if on it
- Gather documents - Collect all necessary information and documents ahead of time, before starting to fill out submission form. Online submission needs to be completed in one sitting by the deadline. No late responses by email will be accepted.
- Written responses - Review the application fields, and prepare your answers offline using word count (e.g. on MS Word), save a copy, and then copy + paste responses into online form fields
- Uploads - Save final version in pdf and/or using the suggested naming convention and upload in the respective fields as one bundled package file
- Save a copy - Take advantage of the automatic functions at the end of the form submission to receive a copy of your submission via email and save a pdf version thereof.
Address any questions you may have to the Internship Coordinator & Outreach Officer.