- T-Card, Bus Pass or a Ticket are required at all times when boarding the UTM shuttle bus
- It is important to note that scheduled Shuttle Bus times are approximate and subject to traffic, weather conditions, and other related factors.
- The UTM Shuttle Bus service operates with a fixed number of vehicles that continually travel between the UTM and UTSG campuses. The "normal" one-way trip time is approximately 45-60 minutes, but can take longer during peak morning & afternoon periods. Be sure to plan accordingly.
- Shuttle bus drivers are working hard to get users to their destination safely and on time and patience is appreciated. There is always a bus on the way!
- For passenger convenience, the FirstView app provides real-time bus tracking. Through its live mapping feature, users can easily monitor the current location of all active shuttle buses, with updates provided every 15-30 seconds.
UTM/St. George Winter Session - (Jan 6 - April 7, 2024) - Coming Soon
Notice: Shuttle Bus Relocation on the St. George campus
Due to construction projects on the UTSG campus all pick-up/drop-off's on the St. George campus are temporarily relocated to Classic Avenue (at Wetmore Hall) until further notice.
Shuttle service is fare-free for currently registered UTM students with an active T-Card. St. George students, Scarborough campus students(UTSC), UofT staff, faculty and all other passengers are required to pay a fare.
- One-way tickets are available for purchase from the ticket vending machine outside of UTM Instructional Centre, the UTM Service Desk in CCT, the UTM Student Centre, and Hart House Information Services.
- T-Card, Bus Pass or a Ticket are required at all times when boarding the UTM shuttle bus. A photo of your TCard or shuttle bus pass is not an acceptable substitute.
- If for any reason a TCard or bus pass is not presented to the driver for verification at time of boarding, a non-refundable ticket must be presented to the driver.
- Each passenger must present the driver with their T-card, ticket or pass upon boarding. Boarding is first-come/first-served to the vehicle’s capacity; additional passengers can re-queue for the next scheduled bus.
Lost & Found: Drivers will place any items left behind on a bus into a locked bin inside the Instructional Centre. The UTM Service Desk retrieves items from the bin. If you have lost or found an item, please contact the UTM Service Desk
Shuttle Bus semester passes (for Staff, Faculty, St. George Students and Others) are available for purchase from the UTM Service Desk in CCT. Click here for more information.
Questions? Contact us!
We are available to assist during office hours (Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm)