UTM Shuttle Bus services have resumed with restrictions in place. Please review all of the below information thoroughly.
Temporary COVID-19 safety protocols:
- Each passenger must wear an appropriate mask or face-covering at all times while queueing and on the bus.
- Passengers are required to scan a QR code through UCheck for contact tracing prior to boarding each time. There is a unique code posted at each stop that once scanned, will prompt you to complete your UCheck assessment (if one has not been completed in the past 24hrs) and then record your "check-in" to the location. In the same browser window you can then click to record your exit time.
- Visitors and/or UofT community members who are not able to complete the online procedure are asked to complete the Visitor Self-Assessment Form prior to coming to campus, and will be required to complete a contact tracing form upon boarding the bus
- Passengers queue in a line at the boarding site prior to boarding. Physical distancing markers are in place.
- The maximum number of passengers is currently 12 per bus, subject to change based on evolving health guidance.
- No Food or Drink allowed on the bus
*New* - St. George campus shuttle stop temporarily relocated to Galbraith Road (alongside Convocation Hall) due to construction. Please see map here.
No ticket sales currently available on the St. George campus. Those wishing to travel from St. George to UTM via paid fare will be permitted to board the bus and asked to purchase a ticket from the machine upon arrival at UTM.
To learn more, watch this short video:
Video: Fall 2021 shuttle bus information and safety protocols.
- Shuttle service is fare-free for currently registered UTM students with an active T-Card. St. George students, UofT staff, faculty and all other passengers are required to pay a fare. One-way tickets are available for purchase from the ticket vending machine outside of UTM Instructional Centre, the UTM Service Desk in CCT and the UTM Student Centre. Semester passes are also available for purchase from the UTM Service Desk in CCT.
- Each passenger must present the driver with their T-card, ticket or pass upon boarding. Boarding is first-come/first-served to the vehicle’s capacity; additional passengers can re-queue for the next scheduled bus.
- Schedule times are approximate, usually within 5 minutes but often more due to traffic or other factors. An incident on the Gardner/QEW will result in significant delays for all shuttle buses for a number of hours.
- Click here for the latest traffic report
Shuttle Bus semester passes (for Staff, Faculty, St. George Students and Others) are available for purchase from the UTM Service Desk in CCT. Click here for more information.
Shuttle Office Notification
The Parking & Transportation services office is currently closed to the general public. We are available to assist you during office hours (Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm).
Please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org