The MBiotech Program is a 24-month, course-based professional degree program that incorporates both science and business courses with eight to 12 months of work experience in the industry. Students take up to three consecutive work terms with top employers in Ontario and beyond.
Co-op Program 2023-2024 Student Profiles
Co-op Program 2022-2023 Student Profiles
Our co-op students bring with them a professional mindset, as well as a broad spectrum of learning acquired in both laboratories and the classroom that focuses on topics of special relevance for today’s biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries. Our current placements include pharmaceuticals, medical devices, diagnostics and biofuels.
Co-ops are arranged on a full-time, four-month renewal basis through our Experiential Education Lead and can be extended for up to 12 months. Placement timing is flexible and coordinated through the calendar year, commencing every January (Biopharma stream) or every May (DHT stream).
- Track record of excellence as the program approaches its 20th anniversary this May.
- Excellent recruitment tool: students are rigorously pre-screened by the MBiotech team
- Proven employer satisfaction: our three-year average for placement duration of co-op students is 12 months (two renewals is usual)
- Co-op students are competitive: our salary guidelines are in the range of $27-$39 per hour
- Fringe benefits: ask us about benefiting from substantial tax incentives
- Highly qualified, bright, committed individuals eager to learn and make the most of their co-op opportunity
- Well trained in the diverse aspects of modern biotechnology research and development
- Future team leaders with a firm understanding of organizational skills and the importance of working together to benefit your team
In general, co-op work terms begin at the start of each academic term.
Students are available starting in Jan. for three consecutive work terms.
- 1st Work Term • January - April
- 2nd Work Term • May-August
- 3rd Work Term • September - December
Digital Health Technologies Stream:
Students are available starting in May for three consecutive work terms.
- 1st Work Term • May - August
- 2nd Work Term • September - December
- 3rd Work Term • January - April
Criteria for Co-op Placement
Co-op placements must:
- Be full-time for a minimum of four months (greater than 35 hours per week);
- Have a designated, qualified person responsible for evaluating the student’s progress;
- Provide the student with an in-depth exposure to the employer’s organisation;
- Be developed and/or approved as a suitable setting for higher learning;
- Be monitored by the Placement & Employer Relations Coordinator (e.g., site visits)
The work terms are generally paid positions, with an average salary range of $27-$39 per hour.
For more details contact: