U of T Mississauga Campus Safety
Please note that Campus Safety is in Rm. 3116 of the William G. Davis Building.
U of T Mississauga Campus Safety will be on duty 24 hours a day during the closure. They can be reached at 905-828-5200 for general help or at 905-569-4333 in emergency situations.
Access to the William G. Davis Building will be available on a 24/7 basis for pre-authorized students, staff and faculty via the main entrance of the Davis Building by utilizing the swipe card door at that location. All other doors to the William G. Davis Building will be locked. All other buildings will be locked during the closing and persons requiring access must plan with their departments for appropriate access.
Facilities Management & Planning
There will be no Administration, Maintenance, Custodial or Grounds staff on duty during the holiday closure period. However, Maintenance and Caretaking staff are on call for emergencies and Grounds will be on standby and available for snow removal as required.
- Receiving/Shipping will be closed (please notify your suppliers accordingly).
- Outside garbage will be picked up once a week.
- Shift engineers will be on duty throughout the holiday closure with backup on call as required. If they are required during the closure, please contact Campus Safety.
- For urgent lab cleaning needs, or in the event of an emergency, please contact Campus Safety at 905-569-4333.
In the event of a facility emergency, please contact Campus Safety at 905-569-4333.
Student Housing & Residence Life
UTM Student Housing & Residence Life will be open for the Winter Break only for students formally pre-approved by SHRL; no other residents or guests are allowed during the Winter Break.
- Approved students have been provided with guidelines and contact information to report maintenance and safety concerns.
- Regular on-call shifts and nightly rounds will be conducted by Student Housing & Residence Life student staff.
- Normal professional and residence student staff on-call procedures/processes will remain in effect.
- Students staying over the break may contact don-on-duty here.
- Programming and activities will be delivered throughout the break, in compliance with current safety guidelines.
- The Residence Service Desk in Oscar Peterson Hall will be open on days that are not statutory holidays with hours available here on the Winter Break Housing page.
- Residence will re-open for the general population at 9:00am on Monday, January 2, 2023.
Student Mental Health
Urgent and crisis student mental health needs over the holiday closure should be reported to UTM Campus Safety’s emergency phone line (905-569-4333) or by dialing 9-1-1.
For non-urgent matters, feel free to share with students that UT offers immediate, confidential and free multilingual counselling support for school, health and general life concerns 24/7, by phone at 1-844-451-9700 or through the MySSP app.
Information & Instructional Technology Services (I&ITS)
- I&ITS will be closed for the holidays.
- Service Desk e-mail and voice mail will not be monitored; periodic checks will be made for urgent requests.
- Critical services such as the UTM website and internet connection to the St. George campus will be monitored and maintained.
- All other requests will be reviewed on the week of January 2, 2023.
If you require emergency service for a research lab during this period, please contact Campus Safety at 905-569-4333.
The Parking Office will be closed for the holidays as of 3:30pm on Friday, December 16, 2022. Regular hours will resume at 8:30am on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- Online sales will be available, but there will no permit pickup or delivery until January 2.
- All orders placed during the holiday closure will be processed on January 2.
- The CCT Garage will close at 6:00pm on December 21, with exiting privileges only after that time. The CCT Garage will reopen 7:00am on Monday, January 2.
- CCT permits can park in P4, P5, P8 and P9 as alternates during closure.
A reminder: paid parking and enforcement are in effect at all times. Please ensure you purchase your permit prior to returning in January.
The Library will be closing on Tuesday, December 20 at 5:00pm and reopening on Monday, January 2 at 9:00am. Remote access to electronic resources, including the U of T Library Catalogue, will be available throughout this period.
The Library hours for January 2023 will be:
- Monday, January 2 - Friday, January 6: open 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Saturday, January 7 and Sunday, January 8: open 10:00am - 5:00pm.
- The Library will return to regular hours of operation on Monday, January 9, opening at 8:00am.
Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre
The UTM Recreation, Athletics & Wellness Centre will close at 9:00pm on Tuesday, December 20, 2022 and will reopen at 7:30am on Monday, January 2, 2023.
- The pool will reopen on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- If you have a rented locker, you are encouraged to retrieve your belongings before December 20, since lockers will not be accessible during the holiday closure.
Visit the RAWC website for additional information.
The UTM Bookstore will close on December 20, 2022 at 5:00pm and will reopen on January 3, 2023 at 10:00am.
Visit the Bookstore website for hours of operation.