A variety of childcare information and support is available to UTM students, staff and faculty who are parents, foster parents or legal guardians of children.
Jump to a category below for more details:
U of T’s Early Learning Centre operates U of T Mississauga’s licensed Early Learning Centre (ELC). The ELC provides a safe, secure, supportive and stimulating environment where children are free to grow to their potential, and also operates two services on the St. George campus.
* Winter/Spring 2023 applications are now open! Registration is available to children ages 18 months to 4 years. Download application form »
Licensed to accommodate 26 children – 10 toddlers (ages 18-30 months) and 16 preschoolers (ages 30 months-5 years). Full-time and part-time care is available, with first priority to UTM students, staff and faculty.
Location and Hours
The UTM Early Learning Centre is located adjacent to the Leacock Lane Residence and parking lot 5 (at 3359 Mississauga Road).
Childcare fees have now been reduced by 50%; more information is available on the ELC Fees page.
UTM's Early Learning Centre is eligible for subsidies to assist families with limited income living in the Peel region. You're encouraged to apply for a subsidy (4 weeks before needing care), by calling Peel Region Children’s Services, 905-791-1585 or by visiting the website.
If there are no available openings, you're encouraged to sign up for the waiting list as soon as possible. To sign up, please contact Teresa Silva (details below). Interested parents should also email an application form to the email address listed below. If you're already on the St. George ELC's waiting list, but wish to change or add the UTM location, please submit an application form as well.
Financial Aid at UTM
- Overview of financial aid at the University of Toronto Mississauga
- UTM Childcare Grant
- UTMSU Bursaries
- School of Graduate Studies Grants (graduate students)
- UTM Grant (undergraduate students)
Provincial and Regional Financial Aid
- U of T’s Family Care Office provides information, guidance and referral services to students, staff and faculty who are:
- Planning for a new child
- Choosing childcare (facilities, programs or subsidies)
- Seeking children’s programming or details around elder care
- Assisting with other family matters
- Further information is available on the website or by phone at 416-978-0951.
Peel Region Children's Services
- The Region of Peel offers significant fee support for licensed childcare to families living in Peel who demonstrate financial need.
- Peel Region Children's Services provides a variety of information on regionally operated centres of very high quality, along with regional child care subsidy and special needs information.
- Potential subsidy users are encouraged to apply for a subsidy well in advance (even in the early stages of pregnancy or while waiting to adopt) by calling 905-791-1585.
Child Care Info Peel
- Child Care Info Peel, reachable by phone at 905-890-9432, provides information to help parents choose child care that best suits their family's needs. It offers helpful materials, including:
- An up-to-date list and map of licensed care options within the community
- Contact information
- Program costs
- Hours of operation
- Guidance on the characteristics of quality child care
Kids Pathways Peel Service Coordination
- Kids Pathways Peel Service Coordination offers information on services in the Peel Region for children and families with developmental disabilities, including:
- Types of services
- Agency locations
- Costs (if any)