This draft Strategic Framework is also available as a downloadable PDF.
Jump to a section:
- Context & Purpose
- The Five Priorities
- Next Steps
- Empowered by prior plans, UTM’s Strategic Framework articulates our plans’ collective purpose. Balancing structure with agility, it shares an account of what we do; a description of the priorities we will enact; and a vision of the positive change we will create.
- Grounded by the trust embedded in our campus motto and our physical place, the University of Toronto Mississauga unifies our energies in the pursuit of collective flourishing: the flourishing of bodies and minds, of cultures and communities, of economies and ecosystems.
- Answer calls for truth and reconciliation.
- Deepen connections with Indigenous peoples and communities.
- Communicate with openness, honesty, and cooperation.
- Recruit and retain outstanding and promising students; graduate globally-minded, lifelong learners.
- Champion positive transformations in Undergraduate, Graduate, and Professional Education.
- Foster student flourishing with augmented systems of support.
- Engage world-leading faculty, graduate, and student researchers.
- Advance disciplinary discovery, artistic creativity, and interdisciplinary innovation.
- Catalyze research growth and impact through institutional, regional, and global networks.
- Nourish a campus culture of safety, health, and accessibility.
- Enact initiatives in equity and anti-racism.
- Focus campus operations and infrastructure on beauty, biodiversity, and sustainability.
- Build community collaborations to improve community health.
- Propel regional efforts in economic resilience.
- Incorporate Mississauga’s pasts and presents into campus identity.
- This framework represents only a working draft. To strengthen its content with additional perspectives, UTM plans on hosting a series of focused conversations in fall 2021. The draft framework will remain accessible online to encourage widespread feedback from our community.