Course Information

First Year Preparation and ECO 100Y Grade

In First Year, students should enrol in ECO100Y5 and MAT133Y5/135Y5 in order to qualify for 200+ level ECO courses and ECO programs.

Please refer to the program section for more information about requirements for specific programs, and changes to program enrolment procedures.

Program enrolment takes place after the completion of ALL listed prerequisite courses, and at least 4.0 completed credits.

Equivalent St. George courses for ECO100Y5: ECO100Y1 (63%)/ ECO101H1 (63%) + ECO102H1 (63%))

Enrolment Controls

A number of Economics courses will have enrolment controls during the first round of registration (date as posted in August). The enrolment indicator will be "P", where priority is given to students within certain specified subject POSts. After that date (second round of registration) all enrolment controls will be lifted and any student (irrespective of their subject POSt) will be eligible to enrol in any Economics course provided there is space available, and meet the proper prerequisites.


Prerequisites are strictly enforced and must be met before registering in Economics courses. These pre-requisites are checked carefully by the Department and it is the student's responsibility to ensure that the proper pre-requisites have been met. Students may check with the Economics Academic Counsellor if they are unsure whether prerequisites are met. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Economics Counsellor receives all required documentation.

Transfer Credits

Students wishing to use courses from other institutions for pre-requisite purposes and admitted to the University with transfer credits must show the Economics Counsellor an official transcript (from the previous academic institution) and the transfer credit assessment (from the Faculty of Arts and Science). This must be done before registering for courses. Students will be removed from registered courses unless they provide documentation of pre-requisite courses completed from another academic institution. Students who do not have the relevant pre-requisites will be de-registered from those courses after classes have begun. It is your responsibility to ensure that the Economics Counsellor receives all required documentation.