Snider Lecture Committee
2021 SNIDER LECTURE COMMITTEE
Shelley Hawrychuk, Chair
Sara Da Silva
Support for Public Lectures
The Snider Lecture Committee solicits applications from departments, academic programs and registered student organizations for support of public lectures to be held during the fall and spring semesters.
In addition to its annual Snider Lecture and dinner, the Committee has limited funds available to support official university units in bringing distinguished speakers to give public lectures that enrich the general intellectual and cultural life at UTM.
The Committee will review applications on an ongoing basis, but should receive them at least 45 days before the proposed lecture date. Funding requests will be accepted for consideration as long as funds are available. The Committee is able to provide up to $1,000 per lecture (for travel, honorarium, lodging and/or per diem expenses) for approved requests. The Committee will fund a maximum of one lecture request per school year from each eligible group.
PRINCIPAL CRITERIA FOR APPROVAL OF FUNDING
- topics and speakers that enrich the intellectual and cultural life of the UTM community
- topics and speakers with appeal to persons outside, as well as those inside, the requesting unit(s)
- topics and speakers that are of substantial interest to undergraduate students
- topics consistent with the professional standing of the proposed lecturer
- lectures must take place on the UTM campus, during fall or spring semesters
- requests from student organizations must be made in conjunction with an academic department or program
The Committee particularly encourages applications that:
- involve collaboration with other departments, programs or student organizations
- in which the requesting unit(s) commits to provide partial financial support for the lecture
For more details, please contact the Committee.